Tuesday, November 29, 2011

{ Cruisin Disney style . . . finale }

I need to finish this last post about the cruise! I got so side tracked by the birthdays! But I wanted to make sure I finished this since it is my journal.

The second day in Cabo was a short day. And since it was such a fiasco to get Myla and all her gear on and off the ship I decided to stay behind and have a nice boat day while it was still warm. The boys had researched out a few snokeling options and decided that it was a good day to go since the moms and kids were staying on the ship. So Logan took Ayden along with Todd, Alan, and Connor to spend the day snorkeling in Cabo San Lucas.

Logan is going to write a journal entry for that day and I will add it to this post once he's done. For now . . . here are the great pictures they took on their adventure.






{ These 2 are such good buddies }


While the boys were ashore, we took the little kids to the Mickey pool which was very busy but incredibly fun! They just played for hours. Uncle Trevor got in the pool and tossed them around for a bit. I just sat on the side and enjoyed the warm sun on my face. It was the perfect temperature outside.

After dinner that night, Logan took the kids our on deck 4 and got some cute shots of the.

Unfortunately I couldn't post the cutest one because Sophie is even more sprawled out and it wouldn't be appropriate for the web.

{ She's even cute with Mickey bar on her dress }

We went to Studio Sea to watch/play a game show that night. My kids even got a chance to go on stage! But I guess I was the real show, because they were playing a trivia game with still shots from disney movies and I got a little too into it. In my defense . . . I was AWESOME!




The Final Day:

It was officially our final day on the ship. The kids had some stuff they wanted to do in the Oceaneers Club so the adults went down to a lounge for some yummy drinks and games. We found out they were having a giant game of bingo there and the boys all bought some cards to play. (for the record, they spent way too much money, and none of them won a dime. But it was still fun)


This was the day we lost Dee Dee. That is what Myla has named her special blanky. I took the kids up to deck 9 while we were waiting for bingo to start and when we got back, dee dee was gone. I retraced my steps 20 times, but it was no where to be found. I think I went to the lost and found at least 8 or 9 times that night. And I continued to call the front desk to see of anyone had turned it in. I was a mess. Myla was sad and fussy, but it seemed like she wasn't quite sure what was missing. She slept on top of me that night, I was her dee dee. I just kept praying that we would find it before we left the ship. (And we did! It was rolled up in a ball at the final lost and found before we left the port. Hooray!)

{ This was taken right after we found it. You can't tell from the picture how elated she was.
Oh, and I was crying. . . of course }

The next morning at breakfast everyone was a little somber. Its always hard when the trip comes to an end even though you are usually ready to get back to real life. We had the added hardship of saying goodbye to the Buchanans AGAIN! Man we hate always having to say goodbye to them. The kids love each other so much and have become such good friends. This trip was a great bonding experience for them.


{ The girls walking towards the exit of the ship }

We went through customs and as we got to the baggage claim to round up our bags we realized one was missing. All of Logan's clothes were in a giant duffle bag and it was no where to be found. So I sat with the kids while he walked all over the port trying to find it. We finally had to file a report that it was missing and write down the value of the bag. Not fun. There was one piece of luggage that was part of a set that had been left behind so we were really hoping that those people had taken his bag instead and would call us when they realized they had the wrong bag. It took a few days, but Logan finally got his bag back!

We took a taxi to a car rental place by the airport. We were on the same flight as Jenny and Trevor and Brian and Todd, but they were planning to sit at the airport from 10 until our flight left at 4. We knew better than to attempt that with 3 little ones so we decided to rent a car and go find something to do in LA until our flight left.

Luckily we got a hold of the Buchanans who also had a later flight and had rented a car. We met up with them at In-and-Out burger for lunch and then went to a park for a little bit to let the kids run around. As Logan put it, seeing them one more time was the perfect way to soften the blow of the trip being over.

Our flight home was good and seemed to go by quickly. As we found our car and drove home, we talked about what a great trip it was and how lucky we all were to be able to have had such a great experience. Thank you so much, Nana and Papa, for so generously taking us on this trip and giving us the opportunity to spend time with you and our other family members. We will cherish this experience forever. You guys are the best. Love you.

3 comments:

Janet said...

It was such a great trip! Thanks for coming and making memories.

Gram said...

I loved reading the final post and seeing all those great photos. I didn't realize how much you kids did that we were not aware of. What great memories the kids will have. I didn't realize Logan lost his bag and I didn't realize you met up with Laura and Alan in LA. That picture of Myla walking with the back pack tugged at my heart strings. How did she grow up so fast? I know how thrilled you both were to find her blanket. She was almost little girl without it.

WIKKY said...

HOw fun!!!! Love the dee dee story! Guess what? I would have been crying too!! Shocker!