Monday, June 6, 2011

{ Cruise . . . day 1 }

We have been wanting to go on a cruise our whole marriage and finally decided to bite the bullet and go! It all started one day in my salon when my friend Texie and I were doing each other's hair. Logan walked in and said "Tex . . . lets go on a cruise." That's all it took and the process began. We wanted to go sooner but with dance competitions, soccer, Texie's marathon and Logan's school schedule there just wasn't any time. So we booked the trip in February and have been counting down the minutes until the big day.

Initially I was apprehensive because I stress about leaving my kids. But I have such a wonderful family. Every person offered to help. They are so wonderful and I am so lucky. So this is my huge thanks to the wonderful people who took special care of my babies. I never could've enjoyed leaving if I didn't know that the people watching my precious little ones love them as much as I do. Thank you Whitney, Brammy and Bapa, Nana and Papa, Jenny and Trevor, and Todd! You guys are amazing.

Crusin . . . day 1

Day 1 there actually wasn't much cruisin going on, that was our travel day. We left at 8:30 in the morning and truthfully the whole thing felt surreal. After that much anticipation it's hard to grasp the fact that it's actually THE DAY.


Here we are at the airport and on the plane. We were so excited! And thrilled that we had a direct flight to Orlando.

We rented a car in Orlando to drive out to Coco beach where we booked a hotel for the night. Our ship left the next morning from Port Canaveral.

The first car they gave us the keys to was a mini van! We were pumped! It had so much room for our luggage! We loaded into it and got all cozy for the 45 min. drive ahead.

But it turned out to be a mistake and we had to switch to this sweet ride! Everyone drove slow around us because they thought it was a cop car! Ha!

{It was so snug we had to have a giant suitcase between us}

Once we got to the hotel we changed for the beach and headed out to see the water. We were all dying to get to the beach and have dinner!

Our first stop was Coco Beach Pier. The weather was so wonderful and it was amazing to see the ocean. We even got to ride a wave.



The restaurant we went to was right on the beach and after dinner we walked out to the water. It was a little windy for swimming but the sand felt nice on our feet. It was magical. We saw a section of beach they had roped off because it was the home of a sea turtle nest. How cool would it have been to be there when those eggs hatched!

We headed back to our hotel and sat on these rocking chairs outside until pretty late just enjoying the peace and quiet.

1 comment:

WIKKY said...

Coco beach is sooo pretty! Glad your first day was a blast!