Monday, November 8, 2010

{ It's PaRTy tiMe! }

My man is 30 years old!
I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday he was the 21 year old missionary I met in Korea. Time goes by incredibly fast these days.

Logan is such a hard worker. He has been hardly sleeping lately, as he's trying to build his freelance design business. So I wanted to make his birthday a special day all about him where he could hopefully forget all his worries and feel the love of the people around him.

In the morning the kids helped me decorate the house and put his presents out. I love the tradition our family has of decorating the house with balloons, signs, and streamers. It really makes you feel special.


We had breakfast together and he opened his presents.


A few weeks ago I was thinking about Logan's birthday and what I wanted to do for him. I tried to put myself in his shoes and figure out how he would like to spend his day. The idea I came up with was a surprise dinner with his parents, siblings and their spouses. These are the people he loves most in the world. He lights up when he's around them. So I made a reservation at a Korean restaurant in Salt Lake and planned the surprise. I am the worst person at surprises. But I kept this one, and it was worth it. When we got to the restaurant everyone was there hiding in the banquet room. He was so confused when, instead of waiting to be seated, I just headed back. The room was decorated but there were no people. He just looked at me so confused and then his family jumped out and yelled SURPRISE! It was perfect! He had no idea!

{This picture was taken right after we walked in! I had the biggest headache from stressing about getting there and keeping the surprise!}

We had a wonderful dinner together.His family is so fun. (and loud) I had asked everyone to come prepared to tell funny stories about Logan growing up. They went around one by one telling their reminiscing and laughing.




When I was preparing what I wanted to say, no funny stories came to mind, not that there aren't plenty. But I was just overwhelmed with feelings of love and admiration for this man I have the pleasure of spending my life with. I don't know how many nights I laid in bed crying, thinking about how much I love him. So when it was my turn I told them that. I wanted his family, especially his parents, to know how wonderful he is and how much he blesses my life.

Logan, I know I tell you this all the time, but you truly are the man of my dreams. You make me happier then I ever thought I could be.

I love you 40 babe, Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a fun birthday surprise!! Happy Birthday Logan!!!

Janet said...

We love Logan! You did a great job on the party, Mary! You're a good wife.

WIKKY said...

Awesome party, way to plan that surprise. that is a hard thing to do! Now, let's figure out something fun for your bday!!! #30 is great! But.... #34 is even better!!!!

Gram said...

I loved the post Mary and what darling photos of everyone.You planned the party(ies)really well. I loved the smiling one of Myla with the hat on her head. I am so happy that you are still so much in love with that great guy Logan. We enjoyed seeing you this last weekend. Love those kiddies! It was exciting to see Myla just getting the crawling going.

Richard said...

Happy birthday to Logan!