Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{ aYDeN SeAn }

My baby boy turned 6!

Wow that makes me feel old. I still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Although it's hard to imagine only having one child!

Ayden is a busy kid. He is in Kindergarden at Lincoln Elementary where he is the top of his class. His teacher loves him and he is her helper. He is reading on a first grade level and blowing us away. The other day he saw a sign for IHop and asked, "Mom, what does buttermilk mean?" I couldn't believe he could read that word!
(he is currently reading this whole post without any help!)

He still LOVES to dance! He dances at JDS 3 days a week for a total of 7 hours a week! (and loves every minute of it!) He was also chosen to be on the Mini Jazz kids team meaning he will get to perform at a few Jazz games this season. His first game is on December 1st. He has become excellent at tumbling as well. He has his back walkover, back handspring, round off back handspring, and ariel! Pretty amazing for a little guy.




Ayden LOVES his baby sister. He loves to carry her (much to my dismay) and playing with her. And she loves him too.

He also loves to play with friends. It's not a good day if he doesn't get to play with a friend. We are lacking in boys his age in our neighborhood though, so most of his friends are still girls. He has become really good friends with the girl we carpool with named Delainey.

Ayden likes to do anything and everything with his Dad. He knows that if he's with Dad, he'll have a good time. They watch movies together, build forts, play wii, make crafts, you name it! They are good buddies.

Ayden knows what he wants and he is willing to put up a fight for it. That will pay off as a good quality later in life I'm sure, but for now it makes him a little on the argumentative side. He's our fighter. He is in a constant state of try to wheel and deal into getting his way.

Ayden got to have 3 little parties this year instead of 1 big party. His birthday week started Sunday night in Orem.

He wanted GO UTES cupcakes but he knows that my parents are BYU fans so he asked me to make Y cupcakes for them. But when I asked him what color to make the Y's he thought he was pretty funny when he decided on RED!


On Monday night we went to Logan's parents for the annual Pumpkin carving extravaganza/ Ayden's birthday!

He got to open presents from all of his cousins and have some more Utes cupcakes!
(I made a lot of cupcakes that week)


{Ayden's (Mary's) sweet skull pumpkin!}

The next morning (his actual birthday) he woke up to a decorated house and presents to open!


{The much anticipated Blizzard maker!}

And of course if you get a blizzard maker for your birthday you have to eat ice cream for breakfast!!

Later that day I brought cookies to his kindergarden class and got to see them sing to him!

I think he had a pretty great birthday! I love this little guy and I'm glad I got to spend the first 6 years of his life with him!

7 comments:

Katie said...

What a fun birthday!!

Richard said...

I'm glad Ayden had such a great birthday!

Love, Papa

Janet said...

A is for Ayden and Awesome - two synonymous words!

Abi said...

That kid rocks. I love Ayden Bean!

Gram said...

Ayden had a great birthday (s) and he is a great kids. I hope he got his card from Gram and Gramps. He is so good at his tumbling, I am always surprised at what he has learned.

WIKKY said...

Yeah for aweseom Ayden! He had a big smile those three days! Lucky dude...

Unknown said...

He is so cute. I love his cute face:). Wow, I can't believe you have a 6 year old:)