Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{Nesting. . . or necessity?}

We are in major project mode around here, and my neighbors keep teasing me that I'm nesting. But is it considered nesting if it is 1) something you would do anyway, and 2) a necessary preparation for the baby to come?

Because we only have 3 bedrooms upstairs and Ayden just isn't quite ready to move down stairs alone yet, we decided that he would be shackin up with is sis so the baby can have Sophie's room. She was oh so willing to share her room with the baby, but if you know Sophie, you know that in the baby's best interest, we best keep them as far apart as possible.

I have been planning to move them in together since September. First my goal was to have it done well before Christmas. Obviously that didn't happen, so since then I've been a little stressed about getting started.

We got an advertisement in the mail for a furniture store in Ogden that was having a sale, which was just the thing we needed to light the fire and get moving. Saturday we picked out their bunkbed and got a sweet deal on it. Monday I painted the whole room in preparation for the bed that night. And Tuesday I put the finishing touches on the room.

And I'm really happy with the result!




Nesting or Necessity. . . . you be the judge.

13 comments:

Codye Brynn said...

It looks great Mary!! I love that bunk bed, I am glad you guys found one. Where did you go?

Janet said...

It looks great, Mary! I think it is nesting that motivates you to do the necessity. When I can I help with the nursery?

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow, I love it. I am always impressed at the speed you can whip up projects! I love the colors!

WIKKY said...

Awesome!!! I might just have to copy you with that color! Love it! I am with your mom, nesting gets you started with the necessity not far behind!
Lets see, we got new windows before Lauryn was born, more new windows downstairs & a new van with Clara and new carpet when Ethan came! Nesting all the way, but man.... we really did need windows and carpet! I need more pregnancies to get more projects done!!!!

Jen said...

So cute Mary!!! You are a great decorator!! Your mom is right... nesting movtivates necessity! It has to get done, and knowing a new little one is coming give you the motivation to get it done. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery.

*We miss you guys!!*

laura said...

I love the green! Love it!

Honeybee said...

Cute paint color Mary! I'm so glad you guys bought our home, it was a special happy place for us. So glad you guys love it to!!

Laura H said...

AWESOME! Mary, I'm amazed you could "whip" that up in one day. The bunkbed is way cute, as is the whole room! You got a little of your mamma in you!

Gram said...

Mary, I haven't read the rest of the comments but that room looks fantastic! If those two aren't pleased tell them to talk to Grandma. You did a great job. If it is nesting then go with it. I love the colors you chose and all the accessories just sets it off. I wish I had the confidence to do something like that.

Abi said...

yay it is finished. i love it. it worked out perfectly. so fun and now onto the baby's room. WOO HOO!

Nicole said...

Supre cute, I love it!

Texie B said...

Nesting!!!!
Come nest over here!!
Looks Great!

Richard said...

Looks great, Mary!!!!