Monday, January 25, 2010

{ Sisters }

From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I was positive that it was a boy. I just saw myself with another son. I even bought baby boy stuff up at Swiss Days because I was so positive. At my 15 week ultra sound Dr. Hall said he wasn't positive, but it looked like a girl. I gave him such a hard time, making him check over and over again. I was sure the the little bugger was just hiding the goods. Either that or he was cold and maybe he'd warm up before the next ultra sound and show us his little pee pee. Well, 2 weeks later I went in again and he said once again that it was a girl. I was in a little bit of shock because I was really sure that it was a boy.
(not because I necessarily wanted a boy, but that was just my first impression)

I talked to both my sisters that day, telling them the news. Once I got off the phone with them I realized something . . . having a girl meant that Sophie would have a sister. I was overcome with excitement for her. My sisters are my 2 best friends. Along with my incredible Mom, they are the most influential women in my life. I look up to them so much. I think they are so incredible.

Laura is honestly the best mother I've ever seen. Not only is she incredibly patient, she is so fun. She spends so much time making crafts and doing fun things with her kids. When I grow up I want to be like her.

Jenny is one of the happiest, most thoughtful, and spiritual people I know. She is always calling and texting, just wondering how I'm doing. She is a wonderful aunt to my kids and they absolutely adore her. I know she too will be an amazing mother.

I am so blessed to have these wonderful women in my life and it warms my heart to know that Sophie will have the same opportunity for friendship and love with a sister of her own.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Mary, that was just beautiful! I'm so glad that Sophie will have a sister. I love watching my three daughters interact and love each other.

Katie said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see your little lady :)

jenny said...

Thanks, Mary. You are such a good sister to me. I love you!

Gram said...

Mary what kind things to day and we are happy that Sophie will have a big sister. Hopefully, they will bless each others lives the way you, Laura and Jenny do.

WIKKY said...

It really is such a great thing to have sisters. They are always such a great support system! Can't wait for Sophie to have her little sister, Ruby!!!!

Richard said...

I'm so glad my three daughters love each other--and their mom!