Wednesday, September 9, 2009

{ Salsa day }

Not only was yesterday the first day of school . . . it was also Salsa Day! We started at 9 am and and here we are wrapping things up just a little after midnight!!


Last year Michelle and I made 4 batches of Salsa and they only lasted us about 3 quarters of the year . . . so this year we stepped it up a notch! We invited our other neighbor Nicole and between the 3 of us we made 10 batches!! That's right . . . 182 jars of Salsa!


I know what you're all thinking . . . that means there's plenty to share, right? But after the blood, sweat and tears we put into that stuff, good luck prying a bottle from our greedy little hands!!

It was a really fun day, and I'm glad I have fun friends to do it with!

6 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow, that is so awesome!!

Hayward Family said...

AWESOME!! I love salsa! That's a lot of salsa!!

Gram said...

That is incredible!! Did you do the bottling outside on a campstove or in the house? Good job, Mary!

Janet said...

So very impressive! Wow, you didn't get those cooking/canning genes from me, but I'm sure glad you got them!

WIKKY said...

man, I was really hoping for some. Cause I am lazy! ha. Enjoy that salsa all year long!

Richard said...

Okay, all's well that ends well. I want some salsa!!!!

Love, dad