Wednesday, September 16, 2009

( farewell to the cookster . . . }

We had a sad day today as we bid farewell to our pet turtle of over 2 years.

Cookie (as Ayden named him) was a good pet to us. Wether he was chomping on fish . . . dive bombing off his sun bathing rock . . . or  making various hills out of the rocks at the bottom of his tank, he always kept us entertained. Even neighbor kids would come over to see what funny things our little friend would do.



{retiring the tank and carrying cookie to his final resting place }



{watching Daddy dig the hole }



{putting him in the ground . . . and a sad little Sophie girl}



{placing flowers on the grave}




He was the most energetic turtle I've ever know, and we will miss him.

7 comments:

Richard said...

It's a good way to learn that there is life and there is death. It's good to learn it on a turtle before having to learn it on a person.

Love, PapaRich

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh poor cookie! What happened?

Gram said...

I was so sorry to see the pictures this morning. Sophie really looks sad. You had cookie a long time. I loved the four roses you placed on the grave.

Papa said it right - it is better to learn about death with a turtle.

I hope the kids are doing well in school and enjoying the experience.

Janet said...

So sad! But I'm glad that Cookie got a good burial and memorial. Remember when we brought you home from dance for Honey's?

laura said...

Bye, Cookie. We won't know what to do when we visit and you're not there. We loved you, even though we didn't see you very often.

Love,
the Buchanans

WIKKY said...

Nothing better than a great pet turtle! Cookie was a loved turtle... I do have to say that I am a bit dissappointed that I was not invited. You know how I love turtles.... Glad he will always be there!!!!

Abi said...

Oh Cookie. We loved him!
I am sorry!