Tuesday, April 28, 2009

{ the ants go marching }

So as soon as the warm weather kicks in . . . the ants go marching one by one. That's right . . . they march their way right through my garage and into my pantry! Yuck! I don' t like bugs in general, and even though ants are by far the least scary, I still don't want them in my house! 

In the summer, I exert a lot of energy trying to keep the floor around the pantry free of any crumbs in hopes of minimizing the number of little visitors.  

Well this morning I was getting breakfast for my kids and looked down to see a whole trail of cracker crumbs lining the garage door, covered in ants! I went to my kids with patience and love and began to explain to them that we have to be really careful not to leave crumbs by the door! Ayden interrupted me mid sentence to explain,

 "NO MOM!! We put the crackers there last night to feed the ants!!"

 I almost wet my pants, I was laughing so hard. He told me that he put the crackers there so they could take them back to their hole. 

I tried to explain the best I could, in my most serious voice (cracking a smile in the meantime) that they don't take them back to their hole, they just bring MORE ANTS!! 

Feeding the ants . . . what a silly boy.

6 comments:

Janet said...

So cute! Have fun with Winwards today and I'll see you on Thursday!

Richard B said...

Way to go Ayden. Keep feeding the ants. How cute he is. Another teaching opportunity for mom. Thanks for the cute posts and updates.

BRIANA said...

That is hilarious! Good for you with the patience and love--- I might have flipped out!

jenny said...

HA! Love that boy.

Nicole said...

You are a better woman than me, I hate ants! You are a great mom with good patience.

PS- Jeanine is throwing me a baby shower and I would love for you to come. Will you email me your address? nicolegratzinger@hotmail.com

WIKKY said...

one creative little dude! Those ants are very lucky!