Tuesday, March 10, 2009

{ brave guy }

I had much anxiety over taking my son to the dentist . . . seeing as it is a hard thing to do myself.  I have had many bad experiences there and although I consider myself to be a relatively tough person, I do get anxiety over the dentist.

Ayden was not blessed with Logan's teeth but cursed with mine.  Even though we brush his teeth a lot, he still gets tooth aches quite a bit and even with that knowledge . . . 
I wasn't prepared for this:


6 fillings
3 root canals 
and 2 caps


I wish someone could've been there when the dentist was reading it all off to the nurse. My face was white as a ghost and they thought I was going to pass out. Wimp. Needless to say . . . we will be going to a pediatric dentist and have him partially sedated for the procedures. 

Man . . .  he was a trooper though!



I am so proud of my brave little guy!

4 comments:

jenny said...

What a stud! I love that guy.

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow, poor Ayden!!

Gram said...

Oh, poor little Ayden - too much candy and gum I guess. I have the same anxiety as you do Mary. I would rather have surgery on my feet than go to a dentist for a procedure.

WIKKY said...

bummer. did you like Dr. Wilding though? We love it there cause they get us in and out so fast and really tolerate kids. Good luck.