Saturday, February 28, 2009

{ ZUMBA }

About 8 months ago my good friend Addy (who I've been gym buddies with since I moved here) decided she wanted certify in Zumba and teach it at the gym. For those of you who have never heard of it, Zumba is a relatively new form of cardio exercise in which you do a combination of Latin dances. (salsa, merengue, mambo, reggaeton, samba, etc) Seeing as "dancing" is kinda my thing, I was sold from day one. Once she was certified, she need to practice teaching so she could get ready to work at the gyms. She held a class 2 times a week at the church and I was definitely her biggest fan! I don't think I missed a class in the 3 months she taught there. Once she was ready, she got a job at 2 of the local gyms. 

She is a rockstar and I'm so proud of her.

Well about a week ago there was a master Zumba class down at a club in Salt Lake. It was a fundraiser for a single mother in our ward that just had a tumor removed from her brain. 
We loaded up the whole crew and it was awesome!


{Lacey, Wendy, Michelle, Anna, Addy, Me, Martha}

 The instructor is pretty high up in the Zumba world and she was incredible!


And she even pulled my friend Anna and I up on the stage during one of the songs!

I really love it, and I'm so glad I found a way that I still get to Dance a little!

5 comments:

WIKKY said...

Lookin good sexy mama..... there is nothing better than finding something that you really like to do. I would have looked like a fool.! Ha..

Janet said...

I'm glad my Mary still gets to dance!

Richard B said...

I'm happy that you are still getting to dance and are active with good friends. That makes life worth living. Keep on keeping Mar.

Gram said...

I am glad that you have enjoyed your new Zumba class and that you have friends to exercise with. That always helps to keep you motivated.

It was fun to have your family here tonight. It has been awhile since you've been here.

Richard said...

I think you should be a Zumba teacher, Mar. You could totally do it!

Love, dad