Tuesday, February 24, 2009

{ never forget }

I was sitting at a baby shower with a few of my friends and some how we got off on the subject of the craziness that is my precious daughter Sophie.  They started listing funny experiences they have had with her and I realized that I am going to forget all the madness if I don't take the opportunity to write it all down. So here it goes:

*she put an entire container of pomade on her head
*she shaved part of her head with the clippers
*she spilled a drink in Disneyland and them proceeded to lap it up off the ground
*she put a whole roll of paper towels in the toilet and flushed it
*she dumped an entire container of oats down the stairs
*she climbs on the counter
*she was hanging off the counter one day, trying to drink up the milk she had just poured on it
*she puts my make up on (all over her hair and face)
*she took a whole patter of sugar cookies, smashed them up and rubbed them all over herself      as well as the entire kitchen
*she decorated herself with a cup of pudding and became the pudding monster
*she took off her poopie diaper and ran around the house chasing kids with it (multiple times)
*she has opened countless bottles of hair products and washed the furniture with them
*she climbs on the counter and steals a sip of my bev at any chance
*she has gotten into my mom's lipstick 3-4 times every time we visit
*she has figured out how to clog the toilet . . . and then get the plunger in hopes of unclogging it
*she gives her baby's baths in the toilet
*she climbs on the bathroom counter and washer her hands and feet in the sink
*she cleaned my friend's bathroom with shampoo
*she loves to get in my purse and either devour an entire pack of gum, or make herself "petty" with my lipstick
*she used to eat dirt
*she takes suckers and rubs them all over face and hands
*she takes a whole bushel of bananas, opens them all and squishes them
*she likes her shoes on the wrong feet
*she took a nose dive out of the cart at walmart because she didn't want to be in it
*she poured an entire water bottle out on my bed
*she gave my iphone a bath in Dr Pepper

And I'm sure there are many things I'm forgetting so if you've know of something I've missed, let me know!


Here's a funny story: At our friend's house the other day, Ayden fell off a stool and hit his head on the wall. He was tired so the whole event was just a little more than he could handle and he had lost it . . . crying and screaming. A few minutes into his fit Sophie walked over to the wall where he hit, smacked her head against the wall, thought about it for a minute, and walked away like  "what's the big deal?"  She's my tough one.

But this right here  . . . is why we just can't get enough of her.


Sophie, our lives would be boring without keeping us on our toes.

9 comments:

laura said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

Sophie is quite the character.

And so stinkin' cute in her dance ensemble!

Love you guys and miss you!

Janet said...

And yet she is SO adorable! I love Sophie!

Gram said...

I am happy you posted all this so you can prove to her later on just what kinds of things she did when she was little.

She is a choice little spirit and I love her. She is so darn cute in her dance outfit!

jenny said...

How could you not love Sophie?! She is so dang cute..not to mention, how freaking cute are those little shorts?! I loved that she called me today. :)

Lindsay said...

Those are some cute little booty-shorts....and some cute legs coming out of them. What a doll.

WIKKY said...

she is so hilarious and is always smiling. Loving her little outfit. I have got to get Clara going on that. So cute!

Michelle and Caleb said...

She is so cute! You have great kids and a good husband. You are a lucky girl.

I got a hold of Melissa from hair school, and she is coming out here on april 24. And we are going to get together and have a Dallas Roberts reuion. We might go to the gateway. I will let you know.

Abi said...

Oh man I love that girl. I just loved reading this. It made me so happy about her! I love Sophie!!

Judy Hammer said...

Ah, Sophie Lynn reminds me a lot of her Daddy at that age. I couldn't keep him busy enough for his ever-crazy-to-do-something-wrong head. And he's now channeled all that creativity into being a wonderful husband and daddy.