Tuesday, February 17, 2009

{ shout out to my peeps }

When Logan and I decided to move up North, we weren't really sure where we wanted to end up. I was leaning towards Kaysville/Centerville area just because I wanted to be closer to our families. But as we looked at house after house, nothing felt right. I still remember the day when our Realtor emailed me the picture of this cute little house on the corner . . . red shutters, and a crazy amount of stairs up to the front door. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I knew there was something special about that house.


We made an appointment, and the minute we walked though the front door, I knew this house was made for us. Now, at the time I'm sure I fell in love with the layout and the cute decor of the previous owner, but there was something more to it. How could I have ever known the incredible people I would meet and grow to love as a result of choosing this cute little house with the red shutters.

In our 2 1/2 (almost 3) years at 58 west, I have made so many awesome friends! 

{Michelle, Texie, and Me}

Here we are at the Layton City Valentines dance! My friend Texie's Dad plays in a band called Midlife Crisis! The kids loved it! 



{Ayden, Madi, and Sophie dancin their little hearts out}


{A shot of the Birthday girl!}

Then Saturday night was the Stake Valentine's Dance!

{My talented husband creates many of the advertisements for ward and stake activites. He created this for the dance. . . isn't it gorgeous!}

 It was catered by Olive Garden and you wouldn't believe the turnout! 700 people! We ate and danced into the night with all of our closest friends. It was perfect!

At our table was . . .

{Ryan and Michelle Flitton}

{Chris and Anna Rogers}

{Kirk and Texie Brown} 


With that many people at the dance, there was a shortage of food, so we headed to Chilis after the dance for a little dessert! Yum!

{from left to right: Mary, Logan, Wendy, Todd, Steven, Lacey, Michelle, Ryan, 
Neil, Amy, Texie, Kirk, Brett, Addy, Anna, and Chris}

And I had to throw in a picture of Addy! She is one of my dearest friends! She moved here from Venezuela 15 years ago with $1 to her name. She always talks about how she is living the American dream and loving it! She is an inspiration to me and I love her!


So this is a special shout out to all my awesome Layton friends! I love you guys! You make my life so happy and I feel truly blessed to know you!

4 comments:

WIKKY said...

that really is so great to have so many people to hang out with. just warn kristen about this post cause i think it will make her sad. They all seem like very fun and spunky people. Perfect for you guys! Happy Valentines Dance too! We chilled at home and watched Can't buy me love.... I loved Patrick back then and I love him now!!!!!!

By the way, great little dancers!!!!

Gram said...

I am happy that you, Logan and the kids have such good friends to be with.

The Valentine's dance looks like it was fun. You told us about it on Sunday and I was so impressed with all the food and preparation. Logan did a great job on the poster.

Jill Parsons said...

Isn't great to have such good friends. Nothing makes life better. The invitation for the valentines party is awesome. Logan did a great job.

Holly said...

Hey Mary. Its Holly Hammer. I hear you do hair and that you are great with color (Abi told me and her hair looks fab)! I was wondering what days you do it and what your prices are. And if you would want to do mine sometime. My email is hollybuckner@yahoo.com. Let me know. Thanks!!