Saturday, September 6, 2008

{ Oh the beauty }

I'm sure you've all heard me say how much I "hate bugs and dirt". So I'm sure it goes without saying that I'm not much for gardening of any kind.

Usually twice, sometimes three times a year, we get a huge crop of strawberries though. Not only are strawberries delicious, I also think they're beautiful.


So for a brief moment a few times a year, I actually get outside amongst the bugs and dirt and appreciate this beautiful earth we live on. The fact that it can produce something so beautiful with little help from us, is a special gift that I truly am grateful for.


{not to mention we always enjoy filling our bellies with a few of these!}

6 comments:

Gram said...

Mary, They look gorgeous. Did you make jam or just eat them? By the way, I hate bugs and dirt also. Gardening is not my forte.

nanajan said...

yum! See dirt and bugs aren't so bad!

jenny said...

They were very yummy:) We were lucky to eat some yesterday!

WIKKY said...

those look delicious! I will be expecting some jam in a little bit, just kidding! glad you could enjoy the great outdoors!

Laura H said...

Yum! Make strawberry freezer jam!

Abi said...

you should make some yummy jam and bring it to hammer on and give it out! :) That looks yummy!