Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just the 2 of us. . .

I'm sure many of you have had this experience, or at least heard about someone who did. Back in November, Logan and I attended one of those timeshare events where they promise you a free night in a hotel and then proceed to spend the next few hours trying to convince you that you are ridiculous if you don't want whatever they are selling. Well, we made it through and we got our prize without being sucked into anything.

Our hotel choice was between the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake (where we went on our wedding night) or the Alaskan Inn located up Ogden Canyon. We thought that since we are up North anyway, and have already been to the one in Salt Lake, we'd give the Alaskan Inn a try.

Thursday afternoon we dropped the kids off at Whitney and Craig's house in Kaysville and headed to the hotel. When we arrived we were shown to the "Hook, Line, and Sinker" room. I know what you're thinking, romantic huh! I'm sure most of you are aware of my aversion to fish, so you can imagine how ironic it is that we ended up with a room themed by them.



We had a good laugh and headed out to have dinner at this delicious restaurant in Ogden called "Bistro 258". We had been there once before and were really impressed. Our dinner was delicious!



After dinner we headed back to the hotel to enjoy the one redeeming quality to our room, the giant jetted tub. (I'll leave the rest of the details out)



The next morning my Mom picked up the kids from Kaysville and took them to her house so we had the whole day to hang out together. We headed to the mall and did a little shopping. Then we went to see:


We don't make it out to movies much and it was fun to see one in the middle of the day.


After the movie we headed down to Salt Lake for the anniversary dinner (see previous post) and then down to Orem to get our kids. It was such a fun weekend, and we are so grateful to our helpers for making it possible. I think when you have little ones, it is fun to get out sometimes and have a minute to focus on each other. We talked a lot about our honeymoon, and how quickly the last 6 years have gone by. We still feel like kids, just like we did back then, and no matter what, we always have a good time together.

11 comments:

Gram said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful people. I am so happy you had a great time in your 'fish' room and a movie in the middle of the day! I am sorry we didn't get to see Ayden and Sophie while they were here. We had a really busy day.

Karrissa Winward said...

That room is awesome, how romantic!!

WIKKY said...

klooks like you had a blast. loving the fish, yuck... I guess for some people, that is a turn on? oooh.

Jen said...

The whole fish thing is HILARIOUS!!! I am glad that you two got a chance to get away. Great pics.

Texie B said...

Nice, very romantic. I think Kirk might actually like that room!:) I am glad you two had a good weekend. We all need those every once in a while.

Lindsay said...

What are you talking about, I am loving your hair!

Herriman Blue said...

So fun Mary! Glad you guys had a great time. It's SOOOOO needed to get away from children from time to time. Steve and I should try that, we've never really left the kids....... (I think I heard people laughing all the way in Herriman)

Nicole said...

I can't believe you guys have been married for 6 years and have 2 kids... didn't we just graduate from High School? It feels that way sometimes. Happy Anniversary, you look great!

Abi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abi said...

And once you get away doesn't make you think that it should happen more than once in a blue moon. It is so wonderful!

Jeanine said...

What a great weekend! I think that time together, and alone is so necessary! I am jealous you got to see a movie...it is a rare occasion for us too! I am glad you posted pics, you guys are such a cute couple!