Friday, December 28, 2007

ShoPpINg, sHopPiNg, and more ShOppInG!

I LOVE shopping. I always have. And shopping the day after Christmas is the best because you have all your Christmas money to spend.

It all starts with my dad reading the ads and finding out what stores are having what sales, and what time they all open. He is the highlight of the shopping adventure. We have so much fun with him and I'm so glad he likes to come! Then we map out our game plan. We started this last year and had so much fun that we decided to make it a new tradition.



So we got up and arrived at Target just as the doors were opening. We stayed there for about 45 mins (the allotted amount of time) before heading to Macy's, our second stop. Last year we found a lot of good stuff at Macy's, but this year it was a bust. After that we headed down to Modern shoe in Provo. It's this little old shoe store that sells expensive shoes like danskos, merrells, etc. They have really good sales after Christmas, but Laura was looking for UGGs and they weren't carrying them this year.

Next up was breakfast. We headed over to IHOP for some delicious omelets and french toast.


After breakfast we headed back to the mall where we shopped until we literally dropped. It was a blast. I don't get out without my kids much so I really appreciate when I get that chance. So a special thanks goes out to my sweet husband who spent his day off home with the kids. They had a great time together and I'm so grateful for my awesome family.

So it was another successful post-Christmas shopping adventure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tradition Mary! I liked the idea of the breakfast best. I love having meals with my family where we can talk, etc. Modern shoe is quite the place. We discovered it four years ago when we got home from our mission. I went to Deseret Book and Roberts for sales and that is all. Logan is a sweetheart to let you have a fun day out without the kids. Way to go Logan! I can't get on-this is Gram.

BRIANA said...

Great tradition!! Especially if you get to leave kids and hubbies at home!! HE HE!!! Sorry we misssed the Dance Club get together!! We headed back to AZ on the 27th!! I want to see pictures if you have them!!

Jen and Lance said...

Mary! This is Jen O.! I found your blog off Emily Nuttel. How are you?! I randomly saw your husband in St. George at some expo thing. I recognized him cause I saw a picture of a beautiful model modeling his product and it was you! Anyways, I'm addind you to my blogging buddies so we can keep in touch! Happy Holidays!

Chelle said...

Hooray for post-Christmas bargains! Looks like you had fun.

WIKKY said...

I am not a big shopper, but the day after Christmas is my favorite! IHOP is a great idea though. We did mcdonald's before and the bread was stale and gross! Glad you had fun!!!

linds jo said...

yea im glad i got to be a small part of the fun day!