Friday, January 4, 2008

Hair day with my girls!

Today was such a fun day! My sister is only in town for a few more days so I'm so grateful that she decided to spend one of those days driving up to Layton to hang at my house!

It was an added bonus that my Mom, Jenny and my Grams decided to come as well!

They got here at 10 and the party instantly began. We did some hair, had a yummy Rumbi lunch, did some more hair, and watched old dance videos. I don't know if I've ever posted about how I feel about dance and the support I got from my Mom and sister. They were my biggest fans (even though I was a brat and didn't deserve it) and I will be forever grateful to them for that. It was fun to look back and remember that fun time in my life.

One of the highlights of the day was when my little sister, the super cool college student, liked my hair so much that she wanted to be the same as me.

On occasion I get a crazy idea in my head of something I'd like to try in my hair. Well, that happened yesterday and I, once again, colored my own hair. Sometimes it turns out well, other times . . . not so much. Well, this time I decided to go a little funky. I was glad that Jenny liked it enough to join the club.


So. . . the picture doesn't do it justice. That is a seriously bright red streak going on in the front. I guess sometimes you have to shake it up a little, right!

5 comments:

Abi said...

So funky I love it! Seriously does a day like that get any better? That is so awesome Mar!

Richard B said...

Glad that the "girls" were able to be together and enjoy a great day. Grams said she had fun and was delighted to be with her daughter, granddaugthers and greats. Thanks Mar for keeping us in stitches and being the fun loving OLDER woman that you are.

Anonymous said...

OLDER?? You're young, mar!! And I'm glad we're twinners:)

Gram said...

Thanks for the good day and the opportunity to visit my cute little "greats". I do want them to know me. The hair turned out great and a good time was had by all.

nanajan said...

It was a great girl day - the day was great and all the girls were great, too! Love you, Mary! I always love watching your dance videos - it's a spiritual experience for me.