Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What's in a number?

So I haven't kept it a secret that I wasn't really excited about my birthday this year. For some reason 27 sounds so much older then 26. And I've heard far too many times, "You know, you're scaring the hell out of 30, right?"

I just told people that I was going to skip my birthday this year, and maybe I'd be ready to be 27 next year.

Well, I happened. I had a birthday, and I officially turned 27. And you know what, it's not that bad.

When I sat down and thought about all the wonderful things that I've been blessed with in the last 27 years, I had to be grateful. I've had some truly great experiences and met some incredible people in my 27 years. Especially these 2 little ones:


My wonderful husband spoiled me rotten, which definitely helped. I woke up to the house completely decorated. Then I was taken on a scavenger hunt to find the key that unlocked my present.


At each of the destinations I was given some kind of princess prize! Here I am
in all my special birthday attire!


And this is the look on my face when I finallly opened my prize:

Do you think I liked it? That's right! My baby got me all three seasons of
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!!!

Now I can watch all my favorite dances over and over again. Boy does he know me! This was the best present ever!

So in the end, turning 27 was definitely a highlight for me. I had a wonderful day thanks to friends and family, my darling husband, and all the many phone calls! Thanks guys!

12 comments:

WIKKY said...

happy birthday mary, you deserved it all!!!!

Abi said...

I didn't even know you weren't excited to turn 27! What a great picture! you look so so excited. That is AWESOME!
And that sign about BYU is funny Logan!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

laura said...

I'm so glad you had a good day! You have a very cute hubby. Good present, but even better way to give it to you!

I love seeing your cute kiddies in my cute kiddies' pajama hand-me-downs. So cute!

I had a feeling you were not excited about getting older. Just wait until you're 29! Actually I feel so much more confident and happy with who I am the older I get that it doesn't scare me to get older. Make 27 Awesome!

Richard B said...

Logan is quite the guy. What energy and determination to provide for his family. I was teasing you about being 25 and now you are 27, going on 28 already. We were happy to see you and the family Sunday. Again, Happy 27th Birthday Mary.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mary!!! I was scared to turn 29 because that meant it was my last year of being "20 something". Now 30 is sneaking right up on me and I'll admit I'm okay with it:)
What an awesome husband!

Anonymous said...

Mary you're a beautiful, thin, fit 27 year old with a wonderful husband and two of the five cutest children in the world! Lucky girl! Happy Birthday!

Herriman Blue said...

so fun Mary!! That Logan is a good catch! And don't you worry you look so young, age is all relative, yake it from someone getting dangerously close to 40!!!

linds jo said...

Hope you had a wonderful day dearie! Ive found it isnt too bad. I mean what are we gonna do about it anyway...

Bree said...

HAPPY B-DAY MAR! What a cute idea from Logan. Brownie points for him!

I'm loving your hair right now btw.

That last picture rocks. Talk about great timing!

Hugs,
Bree

Lindsay said...

You are way too cute. I love your excited face. What a great birthday present. Did he think of that on his own????

Gram said...

Wow! Mary that Logan really loves you. You better hang on to him tightly. What a neat and loving thing he did for you. I am impressed Logan.

Heidi said...

that would be the perfect present!!! How awesome! You have a darling hubby.