Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What would we do without cousins?

Ayden and Sophie are especially blessed with lots of great cousins. On Logan's side there are 18 and on my side there are 5. They get along with every single one of them too. For some reason Ayden and Connor (my sister's son) have always had a special bond. Ayden only gets to see him a few times a year, but he always remembers him. On our trip, Sophie and Abby got to form their own bond, and now they are little buddies as well.

We were so lucky to have this opportunity to go visit Laura in New York. They took such good care of us and we enjoyed every second of our trip. We made some great memories. So a special thanks to the Buchanan family for opening your home to us and showing us a great time on our visit! We love you guys, and we will always remember the time we came to stay with you.

Now on to the pictures. Unfortunately the battery on my camera died half way though the trip, but I think, between the 2 of us, we got some pretty good shots.

{The morning of Connor's birthday!}

{The very handsome new baby Andrew}

{Our three little guys}

{We put the binky girls in the crib together and they actually played for a little while!}


{Our costumes for the birthday party}

{We had a fun pizza/movie night after the birthday party!}

{Abby and Sophie took it upon themselves to clean up after the party}

{Our first stop once we made it to the city was at the famous New York Library}

{Ayden was a little more excited about going on the subway then Connor was}


{The cleaning sisters had a great time washing each other in the bath}

{On Sunday, Alan took Ayden and Abby for a walk to the park}

I know you are probably wondering who those gorgeous babes are? Oh ya. . . that's us! It's amazing that you can do with photo booth!

I love my sister SO much and I'm so grateful I had this opportunity to spend some time with her at her house. She always makes the trip out here to see us, and it was a really fun change to get to go there and be a part of her life. She is such an amazing example to me. She has three of the sweetest, most beautiful children I've ever met. I love her and I'm so glad she's my "big" sister.

8 comments:

Herriman Blue said...

What a great time Mary! It's so great to be close to siblings. And so great to have such an awesome big sisters. I think the oldest sister is the best ever!!

laura said...

Thanks, Mar. I love you too! Good luck with the big party today. Wish we could be there!

WIKKY said...

Glad you had sooo much fun. We love New York!!!! What a fun experience for your kids to see and play with their cousins!

Anonymous said...

This is jenny...but is it just me or does that pic of ayden on the subway remind you of the pumpkin?? haha

Abi said...

What a fun trip! It is so fun that you both have kids so close! Cousins Rule!

Gram said...

Yea, we finally got to see more pictures of the NYC trip. What great girls and children you have. I love them all!! It is so nice that Abby and Sophie now are bonding. Sophie can pick up good habits from Abby in the clean-up dept. from what Laura told me about Abby liking to keep things clean and orderly. Thje costumes at the party looked like fun. I liked Ayden on the subway. It is old hat to Connor.

nanajan said...

I love all the pictures. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time in NY. I'm so happy that my gkiddies like each other!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! How was the city? Can you imagine living here? I have not yet tried to take the baby grocery shopping yet,...but for sure i'll have to have my groceries delivered. I could barely carry my groceries 10 blocks and 3 flights of (very) steap stairs before baby. I'm not even going to attempt it.