Monday, August 13, 2007

Our first camping adventure

I believe I've referred to our summer "no dinking around" list a few times now, but one of the things we wanted to try was camping. We have never been (except to organized camps: fathers and sons, girls camp, scout camp, etc. . . ) and don't really know what we're doing. The men took over the planning (Logan and Ryan) and I must say that it turned out alright! We headed up to Huntsville and found a spot. It wasn't a great spot, but since most of the camp sights were full we were lucky to find one at all. We set up our camp, had some yummy dinner, and sat around the fire until it was time for bed. My kids are still a little young for camping so it was definitely an adventure. As I've mentioned before, Sophie is a big fan of dirt so and I'm sure she got her fair share in this trip. She was filthy the entire time. She also thought it would be fun to touch the fire so we had to keep her strapped in her high chair for most of the time. She was a good sport though. In the morning we had breakfast, went to the river to play for a little bit, and headed home. It was a fun adventure and we decided that next time we need to stay 2 nights so we can have more time to hike and stuff. All in all it was a successful trip so . . . thanks men!

The three musketeers

Our sleeping arrangements


Ayden and Mommy roasting a delicious hot dog

Ryan making some yummy egg sandwiches for breakfast

Ayden and Daddy snuggled up in the morning

Sophie watched a movie in the car with the heater on until it warmed up


Our family in the River


Daddy helping Sophie throw some rocks in the river

The clan just as we were heading out from our fun camping adventure!

5 comments:

Richard B said...

Way to go Hammers! Enjoying fun and exciting things in your lives. Looks like everyone had a good time. Throwing rocks is the most fun for kids, and daddy. Thanks for sharing.

Abi said...

Man that looks like fun! I love camping. You are good motivators for us to get out there and do some fun! I love the picture of your family in the river!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Oh and I love the HAT!!!

Herriman Blue said...

I'm still learning this blog stuff. Didn't know you could comment on things. My comment is that I love you guys have such great friends. And I'm totally jealous!! We had that in Idaho Falls, and still have that relationship with them now, but haven't made friends out here like that! Have fun!!

linds jo said...

That looks like fun...you guys will have to come with us sometime.Remember how I married a granola...he lives for the family camping trips. You guys are darling!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Mary! I hated the dirt of camping and having to do everything I did at home but in worse conditions. We went a few times when the oldest three were younger. So I am glad you are trying it and enjoying the opportunity. You all look cute and Ayden loves it, I can tell.