Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The final post. . . of SYTYCD

So everyone was wondering why I never posted after Sabra won SYTYCD. I thought people would think I was nuts if I had 4 posts in a row about the show. But don't get me wrong- I was ecstatic! I was so happy to see not only a girl win (for the first time!) but my favorite girl!

Last night at young womens, my friend Texie told me that her daughter got a flyer at her dance studio saying that Sabra would be at Roy High School (the high school she attended) for a special assembly today. I couldn't pass up that opportunity so I got up early this morning and raced down to the Roy High School Auditorium in hopes of catching a glimpse of the star. Well, I caught a little more then that!


Yup- this is me and my new friend Sabra posing for a photo opp! How awesome is that!! They showed a highlight video of this season of SYTYCD and then she performed. The principal interviewed her for a minute and she performed again.


Then they had the seniors go up on stage and she joined them in singing their school song.

After that they sent the kids back to class but of course there was a mad rush for the stage and I was totally a part of it! We ran up to get Texie's daughter's "vote for Sabra" shirt signed and right after she was done I had to sneak in for a quick shot! It was awesome! What a great way to end the season!
Congrats on winning the show, Sabra!! We love you!!

12 comments:

linds jo said...

NO FREAKIN WAY! Thats so awesome Mar! Now if only the stars of High School Musical would come to our neck of the woods...

Emilie said...

That is AMAZING! I love Sabra and was a fan of hers from the very beginning as well. I love your enthusiasm!

Abi said...

YOU ARE RIGHT OH I AM SO JEALOUS! That is so crazy awesome! What a fun morning!! That is so great!! I love your new friend!

Codye said...

Wow that is awesome!!! I am so jealous, looks like a lot of fun!! Your great Mare I love ya!!

BRIANA said...

How fun!! I too was ecstatic that Sabra won--and especially that Lacey was the first one to go home!! What a great way to end a great season! But now what do I watch and Wednesdays and Thursdays?!? Oh well, The Office is coming back soon!! Hooray!

Herriman Blue said...

She owed you a great photo after all your promotion of her!! What a fun memory!!

Chelle said...

Am I cool-by-association being the sis-in-law of the one who met Sabra. I'd say yes. : )

Lindsay said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAW HER! That is super cool! I want to see her dance!

lramey said...

I'm only like 20% jealous and 80% happy for you...okay vice-a-versa! I want to hug her! Are they touring in Utah cuz we should all go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How great for you Mary! You deserved it after two solid hours of voting. Does Sabra have any idea how many votes you and your friends cast for her. I'm happy for you.

Karrissa Winward said...

Wow Mar! That is awesome!

Bree said...

Loving Sabra!

I love that you drove out there to see her. One question, why does it say she's from Las Vegas, not Utah??