Thursday, August 23, 2007

My many colors

Most of the time when you are referring to your "colors" there is some connotation to personality traits or qualities. Not this time, I am literally referring to my color. . . hair color that is. I was looking through some pictures cause it was time for a color and I realized that I have been pretty much every color possible. And I'm not really sure what I like best. Blond, brown, black, red. . . they all have their pros and cons.












As you can tell, they go in a cycle, like most people I believe. We all want to be light in the summer and dark in the winter. It wasn't always that way, but pretty close.

When Sophie was born I went 9 months without coloring my hair. It was madness! I called it my hippie stage because my hair was long and straight and I rarely even styled it. I had been planning on donating it once I lost the baby weight, but I got tired of waiting and decided to do it anyway. So in February I cut off 12 inches and got some highlights.


1 month later I was bored so I did this:


2 months later I did this (more highlights)


and 6 months later here I am- back to what I call my natural state of red. For some reason I feel more myself with red hair. My mom and Grandma hate it red so sorry guys. I guess I've always gone back to this so it makes me feel comfortable.


I consider it a blessing to be a girl and have the option of changing your hair. It's a fun way to be creative!

12 comments:

WIKKY said...

I really like it red. It's funky and definetly a color I could not do so... you go girl!!

Abi said...

I did not realize how much you change your hair! I love doing that! It is so much fun! I love all of it! You look fabulous with red hair. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Mary, you are beautiful which ever color you are. You are just blessed with the talent to change hair color easily and were also born in an age when it is what everyone does. Some of those pictures, you look like your Mom and one of them you look like Aunt Laura. I like your hair any way you do it, but it looks nice in the cut you have now.

laura said...

I choose blond. But maybe that's just because I really wish I could get some blond highlights right about now.

Did you get that email about that girl who wants your style?

Herriman Blue said...

I love it Mary! So pretty. Can't wait to come get mine done next week! Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I'm really crazy that way too with my color, right?

Abi said...

And p.s. I LOVE YOU WITH BANGS!! Love love love them on you!

Lindsay said...

Mar-
You and I! I could post (and maybe I will with inspiration from you) just about every color of the rainbow...every length...you name it.

Anonymous said...

Mary, you're always beautiful to me. Even though red is not my favorite - I think it's great that you know what makes you comfortable and happy. I really did like all the different pictures - that first blonde one I thought was Jenny and there were a couple where I thought you looked like me, (sorry) or maybe it was Fergie!

Chelle said...

The best news for you is that all the lengths and colors look amazing on you. lucky girl.

I also thought that one of the pictures was Logan with Jenny. wow.

So fun.... (but I'm still gonna stick with this formula i've got going that works for me-- i'm just not adventurous! : )

cute, fun, great post!

Codye said...

Love it Mary! I think I am the same way also, I have tried just about every color and length and they were all inspired by you! I love these pictures!

Chelle said...

Mary are you not posting because you are too busy coloring all of our hair? ha ha. I'm tomorrow and I can't wait! : )

Unknown said...

How funny.
I haven't dyed my hair in years.. I'm afraid I'm a little boring.

It was fun to catch up with you!!
I'm excited you have a blog so now we can keep in touch.
I hope you can come next week!
I just emailed the details!