Sunday, June 10, 2007

A successful day!

I am one of those people that usually gets stressed out very easily. I made a goal that I wouldn't get stressed out as I was preparing for Sophie's party. I tried to get a few things done every day this week to feel more prepared. I asked for help with the food this time which helped a lot. And lo and behold. . . it was a total success! We had a great time! The weather was great. We had a few activities to keep all the kids busy which was so nice, and I really think Sophie had a good time!



We planned to have the party start at 11:30 in hopes that we'd actually have everyone there and ready to eat around noon. We had rings that squirted and a battery operated bubble blower for the kids, and most of the adults stood outside and watched the video Logan made of Sophie's first year. We had a bbq with burgers and hot dogs cooked to perfection by my neighbor Ryan with the help of Logan. After everyone ate we opened presents, which is always craziness with all of those kids. That's why I make Logan do it. She got the cutest stuff though, lots of toys and fun summer clothes.
Then came the cake. I don't know why both of my children were shy about diving into their own cake. If I had put that cake on the floor that morning when I was making it, she would've dove head first into it, but since everyone was watching, she was very timid. Once we got her in her highchair and gave her a chunk, she really got into it though.



All in all, it was a wonderful day! I want to thank all of those who made a special effort to drive up (leave work) and celebrate with us! We really appreciate you! And also a special thanks to my awesome neighbors (the Flittons & Browns) who help with tables and chairs, picking up balloons, decorations, and food! You guys are the best and we are so grateful to live here! Thanks to all for helpingSophie have a really great first birthday!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great party, Mar. You did a great job. I'm glad we could be there to celebrate Sophie's 1st year. She's adorable!

Karrissa Winward said...

That party looks so fun! I am so sorry we missed it. I love that 'sister' sign you made. You will have to show me how you do it- did you hang it up in her room or set it on the shelf?

Chelle said...

She's a doll. And it was a perfect first birthday party. xoxo

linds jo said...

The party looks like it was sooo fun...Im so bummed we missed it! Glad to know Im not the only one who stresses over that kinda stuff

Abi said...

What a great party! I am sad to have missed the fun. You did such a great job I can tell from the pictures!
LOVE YOU!
Oh and I can't take credit for posting about the pedicures first . . . chelle did!