Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back to reality. . .

You know how you see pictures of a hotel or resort, but when you get there the it's not exactly as beautiful as the picture portrays? Well that was definitely not the case for our trip to Cancun. . . in fact, the pictures didn't do it justice!! It was absolutely gorgeous!! The sand is white, and the water is crystal blue. There are trees and flowers everywhere. It was beautiful, sometimes it seemed like a dream!

When we got back from California I posted all the pictures at one time and then it took forever to load the page, so I decided to do it a little differently this time. I'm going to take it a day or 2 at a time and just post those pictures.

Saturday: Our trip began when my dad drove us to the airport at the crack of dawn. I had the stomach flu from the night before, so the whole first day started off a little rough. Poor Logan, he was so excited to go and then I was sick. I felt bad, but I'm so glad it only lasted 24 hours.

After we got to Cancun, they had a shuttle waiting to take us to the resort. When we got out of the van, we couldn't believe our eyes! It was amazing. Then lobby to the hotel was completely open. . . no walls. Just arches and hall ways. We checked in and went to check out our room. The buildings are spread out so it was a little hike from the main building and once we got to our building we realized that our room was on the 3rd floor and there wasn't an elevator. (I guess that's how they keep you fit while you're laying around and eating all day.) That night, I just went to bed so that I could regain my strength. Logan walked around the resort and check everything out so we would be able to party the next day.


Sunday: We woke up that morning to the most beautiful view from our balcony. It was amazing! We got our swimming suits on and took some pictures. (mainly to document our white bodies so we could have a comparison for later).

That day was spent trying to figure out how the resort works. There were 4 buffet restaurants that you could eat at whenever you want. Then there were 8 nice restaurants that you needed a reservation for. When you stay for 7 nights, you get 3 reservations at the nice restaurants so we made our reservations. We checked out the pool- checked out the beach- got henna tattoos- an had a delicious dinner at the Brazilian restaurants. Sunday was so great.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I am waiting for 'the rest of the story'. The pictures do make it look exceptionally beautiful. I am happy you were not diappointed with the facility.

laura said...

Nice bods!

I love that you're going to post about each day. Can't wait to be jealous of all the fun you had!

Love you!

Abi said...

I am wanting more to read and more pictures to see . . . What amazing pictures! You can never complain about your body to me again! You look fabulous!! I love the pictures and am glad you had the best time!

Chelle said...

Here's the thing: if those pictures are of your "white bodies", then I am full blown albino. hee.
Love the pictures, love the view, love the details. You look so happy and content (and freakin' HOT!).
Three cheers for vacations!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are gorgeous - both the scenery and the cute people! I'm glad you had a good time.