Tuesday, May 29, 2007

and the story continues. . .

So most of my blog readers already read my first Cancun post and wanted more! That makes me feel good, and since I aim to please, here's some more:

Monday: We got up early, ate breakfast, and headed out for a fun day of shopping in Playa del Carmen. See, the resort isn't actually in Cancun, it's in a place called Rivera Maya. Some of Logan's friends told him that the best shopping is in Playa del Carmen, another city about 20 minutes away, so that's where we went. We didn't really know what we were in for though. This was ghetto shopping. I thought it would be like New York, where you find knock off stuff for cheap. Well they had knock-offs, only they wanted you to pay a lot for them. I don't know if they just think we're stupid or something, but they wanted like $50 for sun glasses, and $30 for necklaces. They wouldn't let you leave either. So we finally realized we had to walk down the middle of the road and look from afar or else t
hey thought we were going to buy something. They would yell at us from their shops "Hey newlyweds, you want some sun glasses?" or "Hey amigo, you want a Cuban cigar?". It was definitely a unique experience. We got cool matching bracelets, though, and I got a necklace so it was successful. We also got to see the beach there. It was so beautiful and you never get over how blue the water is. That night was chill. We got back and hit up the pool for a little bit. After dinner we went to "THE BIG SHOW". More details about that next time!

5 comments:

laura said...

I really like that apron Logan is wearing in the picture of both of you. I only wish I could see more of it!

Abi said...

WOO HOO! KEEP IT COMIN'!

Chelle said...

Your adoring fans want MORE! woo hoo.

Chelle said...

p.s. I just read abi's comment and that she said woo hoo, too. Wow, we must be related (and both kinda dorky!) : )

woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a good time and we love your pictures! Keep writing about your week away.