Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My sweet husband of 5 years


So I had another migraine last night. I don't get them nearly as often as I used to but when I do, they are so bad. Logan came home from work to me laying on the couch moaning with a pillow over my head. He is the best husband in the world. He sent me straight to bed. Ayden kept coming in to check on me asking "you feelin better, Mom?" "Not yet" I had to keep telling him. He also kept coming in to say "I sorry Mommy, I sorry you ouchy". What a sweetheart. Finally I had to take more medicine and a couple melatonin pills to knock myself out. I woke up for a minute at 9 to find the kids in bed and the house totally clean. Then Logan came and gave me a back massage to help me get back to sleep. So yes, I got about 11 hours of sleep last night! I don't know what I would do without that guy.

It's our anniversary today. We have been married for 5 years. That seems like a long time, and yet not that long. It has been the best 5 years of my life though. He means everything to me. I always say that I don't know what I did right to deserve that guy. And I feel like I need to live up to this great blessing. Logan is the perfect husband, he really is. He is so kind and thoughtful. He is generous with everything he has, including his time. He never likes to argue and he's always the first to apologize. He is such a fun Dad. The kids love him so much. Every time Ayden hears something that even remotely sounds like the garage door he says "Daddy's home!!" Sophie lights up when she sees him. She knows she's in for a treat when daddy's home. He works so hard to provide for our family and I know he will be a successful person. I couldn't be more happy with my choice in a companion and I can't believe I get to be with him forever. I'm the luckiest girl on earth!

7 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Happy Anniversary Mary and Logan!

Chelle said...

Wow. This made me so proud to have such a wonderful, decent, responsible, really just plain awesome brother. Happy Anniversary to you two. You are a perfect match and really lucky to have each other. Wishing you many more happy anniversaries.

Abi said...

HAPPY HAPPY FIVE YEARS! We sure love you both!

Richard B said...

Happy Anniversary Logan and Mary. We are excited for you. Five years already. Keep the love and sparkle going as well as working at your marriage. See President Faust Home Teaching comments in April Ensign.

Love ya....

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you Mary and Logan. You are perfect together and are great parents. I thought that was so sweet that Ayden kept checking on you. How nice of Logan to take over and just let you rest. Wishing you lots more happy years together.

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

Mary,

I just found your blog from your sister. I love the name. These Rife sisters and their diet colas!! I am a devoted Mary fan because you gave me the best haircut of my life, really. I'll be seeing you on my next trip. Happy blogging.