Saturday, April 14, 2007

Crawlin Girl. . . . . . . . Dancin Man





It's so interesting to see how your children develop at such different speeds. Ayden was crawling at 8 months. He started with the army crawl but quickly got to his hands and knees. Sophie has taken her sweet time. (which, for the record, I am perfectly fine with!) She decided that rolling was getting her around just fine. Well, the day finally came. . . she learned to crawl! It's official. Now 10 months and a week old, she is on all fours and movin. She's still pretty slow, which is nice for me, it gives me a chance to adjust to having a crawler again. She seems really happy with herself though, and it's always a joy to see your kids learn something new.




Ayden has always been a fan of dancing. From the time he could stand, he loved to move to the beat. He started really picking it up when we lived at the apartment and he fell in love with the Backyardigans. Well, if possible, I think he loves it even more now. Multiple times a day he asks me to turn on music so he can dance. He got a "my pod" (a toy that plays nursery rhymes) from his cousin Connor, and he loves to carry it around the house and dance. Whenever we go anywhere that there's music, he loves to show off his moves. The funny thing is. . . he's actually really good. He has different moves for different music. Just tonight we were at our Ward Party and he had a whole audience watching him instead of the performers. What can I say, the kid just loves to dance. I guess you could say, like mother, like son!

3 comments:

Bree said...

Mary,

Yay, I love your site! Your cute kids and their acheivements... not until now could I fully appreciate that! It's so amazing to see them learning and picking up on things as they grow. I also love your anniversary post. It's so good to know that there are still amazing love stories alive in the world we live in today! Well, congrats on 5 years and thanks for the weave!!

Abi said...

Sophie Lynn! I can't believe she's a crawler! She is getting so big. She'll be one in no time!! Oh I love her. I love to watch Ayden dance too. The best was at Brammy's party. He kept the music up loud and jammed out. Your two kids are so beautiful. They definitely take after their mommy! They are lucky to have such a great mother! Nice updated site too! I love you mwah!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great stories and pictures. I can hardly wait to see Sophie crawl. It is going to be fun at Disneyland!!! I love to watch Ayden dance. He truly loves the music and moing!