Monday, November 21, 2011

{ Birthday weekend }

A month or so ago my parents told us they were going to San Diego for their anniversary and so we could use the cabin to celebrate my birthday!
I was pumped and immediately started planning.

We decided we wanted to stay one night with just adults and then whoever wanted to could grab their kids and come back.

We invited 3 couples the Botts, the Borens, and the Browns. (or the 3 B's as I like to call them)
We got up there just before dinner time. I really wanted to get there before dark because it's a little harder to find in the dark, plus there are lots of deer and I didn't want there to be any accidents. (like last winter . . . boo hoo)


{ Logan got to work on the fire }


{ Jeri and Jason Boren Kirk and Texie Brown }


{ The ladies. (minus Nicole) }


I have some awesome friends. Jeri and Nicole made a delicious dinner. Lasagna (home made by Jeri) french bread, and salad. And Texie made score cake for dessert. Thanks ladies!

Texie and I have this thing with matching. We always like the same clothes and have quite a few matching items. Here we are in our matching coats (from 2 years ago) and matching jeans.



{ Twilight shirts . . . great minds think alike }

It was snowing while we were eating dinner. It was the perfect atmosphere to be in the cabin with the fire going and the snow outside. We got in our pjs and played a roaring game of wacky sixes.


Around midnight we went downstairs to the theater room and turned on
The Count of Monte Cristo.

I have always loved that movie but I think it's mostly because I saw it for the first time when Logan and I were dating. (for that whole month and a half)
I was the only girl that didn't sleep through the movie, and Logan was the only boy who did! Ha! We are kinda reversed that way these days.

The next morning I heard Logan get up really early and I had a good idea what he was up to. I love the tradition we have of decorating the house for birthdays.
It definitely makes the birthday girl/boy feel special!


{ this is what I woke up to }


As well as a delicious breakfast being prepared! We sat around visiting and enjoy the peace and quiet, knowing it would all be over soon as we headed to pick up our kids.



{Logan was so pooped from getting up early to decorate, he crashed! }

We had a relaxing morning and then all went our seperate ways. Logan and I went to see Breaking Dawn before we had to pick up the kids from Aunt Jenny. I always go see it with the die hards first but we usually see it together soon after. If we don't, I will explain the entire movie to Logan before he gets a chance to see it.
(I actually had already described a lot. Sorry Log)

I liked the movie a lot better the second time. It was hard to look past some of the stranger scenes on the first time around with such high expectations. I think Logan liked it as well.

We picked up the kids from Aunt Jenny around 3:30. That's right, she had our 3 crazies for 24 hrs. What a trooper! Not only did she and Trevor watch them, they played with them, made pictures and crafts and had a great time. Thank you so much Jenny and Uncle Trevor! You're the best!

The kids were so excited to go to the cabin. There's just something about that place. Not only is it beautiful, it has a special feeling about it. We got there just about the same time as the Browns who went home to get their kids and came back. Their kids were mesmerized by its beauty. They just ran through the house saying things like "this is a mansion!" and "I wish we could live here!" They were excited at the potential to go sledding but it was getting dark so we decided we'd have to wait for morning. We had some dinner and the kids made up some pretty fun games using our heytell app as a walkie talkie.

That night the kids made me a cake and sang happy birthday. They also gave me a present. None other than a Pillow Pet! Ha! It's my own fault because I rave about them to people and always joke about how I want one. Well now I've got one! Thanks guys!



They Brown kids decided to call the bunkbed room
the barracks
(their dad is in the military) and they were really excited to set up camp.



And while they were busy setting up camp, we were setting up for the tour.
Rockband tour that is.
We started a band together about 2 years ago and haven't had a lot of time to practice lately so we thought this was a good opportunity!



The next morning we held the kids off as long as we could . . . but by 9am they were all dressed up and ready to sled!

There wasn't much snow, but this didn't stop these crazy kids. And they had a blast!




{ Check our the balls that collected on Boston's bum! }

They liked going with Logan because he could slow them down with his hands. It's a pretty steep hill with lots of twigs and branches poking out. Ayden sustained a few battle wounds.



{ warming up with some delicious hot cocoa }

We chilled, played rockband, watched movies, took naps, and just enjoyed the day with our close friends. It was a great weekend that I will look back on with fond memories.
Special thanks to my Mom and Dad for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful cabin. You guys are the best.

4 comments:

linds jo said...

what a fun birthday weekend! and what a beautiful cabin! i'm with you on the strange scenes of breaking dawn. i'm really nervous for the second one...still in love though. love ya!

Jason and Jeri said...

Thanks for the fun time! We really enjoyed it. Hope you are all feeling better!

Janet said...

I'm glad you had such a good time at the cabin and you were the first to try the sledding hill!

WIKKY said...

PARTAY!!! Seriously... looks like you had a blast!!