Thursday, September 22, 2011

{ Ayden the hoarder }

My son is a hoarder.

I knew this at an early age after I found all of his Christmas presents under his bed unopened.

At Thanksgiving he asks is he can keep the turkey bones.

Everything is a treasure to him and I am constantly cleaning out his drawers and finding all kinds of junk that he has saved.

Well his new spot for hoarding is his bed. He is on the top bunk and I am very lazy sometimes and just pull the blanket up to cover the mess instead of cleaning it out.

Well today I decided to buck up and clean it off. As I started the process I was amazed that he can even sleep up there! What a mess! Here is a list of the things I found:

3 pillows
4 extra blankets
4 pillow pets
4 puffles
2 webkins
2 popsicle sticks
2 airhead wrappers
7 bananagram letters
6 books
7 beanie babies
1 empty roll of tape
3 build a bears
and 4 stuffed animals

If you add it up there are 24 stuffed creature in that list. This is a twin size bed we are talking about! They are his friends though and he loves sleeping with them. What a funny boy.

I feels good to clean that out and I'm going to try and do better about controlling what makes it up on the bed.

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so funny! McKinley is exactly the same way!!

Abi said...

He is so awesome.

Jesse and Alysha Lanham said...

That is way funny!

Gram said...

Where did He sleep?? That is funny. What did he say when he found you had cleaned it out? Love that boy!