Monday, August 22, 2011

{ 1st day of Elementary }

Today was Sophie's first day of Kindergarten!

{She wanted to show her backpack like Ayden did}

I can't believe she is so big. She is such a smart and brave girl. She has been so excited all day. I put her in afternoon Kindergarten because she is usually a late sleeper and because I like to have my afternoons to get stuff done. But this morning she was so excited that she woke up early and was in the shower at 7:30 when I came home from the gym! At that point I knew it was going to be a long time before 12:30 rolled around.

I am so excited about Sophie's teacher Mrs. Kagie. She seems so incredibly nice and works so well with the kids. This is only her 3rd year teaching but you can tell she is very organized and has a lot of energy. Sophie loved her right off the bat.

My friends who have girls in morning Kindergarten told me they got very emotional when they dropped off their girls. For both of them it is their first child to go to Elementary School. I thought that because I did this with Ayden last year it would be different for me. I was wrong. I got very emotional standing there as she waited for her teacher to round up the kids, lined up with her class, and headed in for the first day of school. I'm so proud of her for being brave. She is an amazing person and I love her so much.

Congrats, Lew! Happy First Day of School!

2 comments:

WIKKY said...

cute spunky sophie! I am sure she was the life of the party!!!

rrife said...

Yea, Sophie! What a doll!