Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{ Summer fun }

It has been a "party-on" kind of summer. My kids believe that if they aren't having a "rockin awesome time" (Ayden's new phrase) at all times, then the day is unsuccessful.
{ Ashlee, Madi, Brock, Sophie, Brooke, and Ayden }

This is a picture of them last night. They had some friends over for a swimming party/BBQ. It's a pretty typical day around here. At some point we have many kids at our house and we are outside with the pool and slip-n-slide out. I don't mind because I love being the host and it makes me happy when the kids like to play at my house.

So today I attempted to have a "stay at home" not "party-on" day. We made it until about 2pm and the kids started showing up looking for Ayden and Soph. And once again, we ended up with a party!

Sophie was at her friend Ashlee's house having hotdogs so I let Ayden invite some friends over for a pizza/dance party.

{ Making their pizzas }

{ Ayden, Kathrine, Lucy, and Madi }

{ Yummy! }

I feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful neighborhood. When you buy a house you never know what you are going to get. But we lucked out big time with awesome neighbors and great little friends for our children.

2 comments:

Janet said...

You're a good mother to have all the neighborhood at your house!

Gram said...

Yes, you are a good mother to be the neighborhood party house! I looks like the kids had a great time at the cabin and hiking on the trail.

It was fun to see you and the kids this past weekend. I've missed seeing them. They are getting so big. I can't believe how fast they grow when I haven't seen them for awhile.