Monday, February 14, 2011

{ Februaury 14th }

Happy Valentines' Day

I am so happy that we have a day to think about all the people we love. I know that Valentines' is usually when you celebrate a more romantic kind of love, but today I want to take the opportunity to think about all the wonderful people that I love in my life!

I have incredible friends up here in Layton. I have been lucky to find friends close by to make this really feel like home. I love them and I'm thankful for them.

I have the most wonderful extended family. From great cousins and aunts and uncles, to awesome in-laws and nieces and nephews. They bless my life so much. I am so thankful that I live close by to them and I am able to form strong relationships with them.

Parents and grandparents. Honestly I don't know what to say. I have been blessed with incredible people to raise and guide me in my life. I have a special relationship with each of them and they mean more to me then words can say.

Siblings. I love my siblings. Just last night we had Jenny, Trevor, Brian and Alexia over for dinner. I enjoyed every minute of their company. I am thankful for the relationships I have with my brothers and sisters, and I thankful to my parents for being willing to have so many of us. They are my truest friends and I love them.

My kids. We spent this morning talking about the people we love while we decorated our house.


We enjoyed some delicious pink heart pancakes for breakfast.


And they opened up some gifts from Mom and Dad.

{Helping Myla open her butterfly alphabet book}

{Sophie and her much desired Rapunzel barbie}

{The exact reaction I expected. Ayden asked for this Utah snuggie a long time ago and I have been saving it for this day }

Only another parent can understand the deep love you feel for your children. You would do anything for them. You worry about them. You pray for them.

I love and appreciate my 3 babies.

And last but not least, the love of my life. My best friend. The person who brings me more joy than I ever could have imagined. Logan, I love you with all my heart and cherish you in my life.
Thanks for always making me feel loved.

Happy Valentines' Day.

3 comments:

laura said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I am so grateful for you, sister.

jenny said...

I'm so glad we could come up last night - it was so fun! Looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Nicole said...

My 5 year old got the Rapunzel barbie for Christmas. Within 2 hours her hair was a nest. My suggestion is to braid it, just like the little girls did in the movie. Your kids are adorable.