Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{ February 9 }

We have had some sickness woes at our house lately.

It started a few weeks ago when I got strep. I waited too long to go to the Dr thinking it would go away on it's own. It wasn't until I was so ill I couldn't get out of bed that I finally decided to get checked out. The Dr actually said "oh, gross" when she looked in my mouth. It was bad. After a few days of antibiotics I started to feel better. I did my full round of antibiotics but for some reason a few days after I finished them, it came back! So I was back in to see the Dr for another round.

A few days after that, Logan woke up with the same symptoms. He didn't wait like I did, he went straight in and was immediately diagnosed with strep as well.

Once we were all better from the strep, my eyes started bothering me. It felt like I had a headache in my eye ball. So back to the Dr. and the diagnosis. . .keratitis! An infection of the Cornea! Seriously? The treatment . . . steroid drops and no contacts!


So that's right, here I am on day 9 of no contacts! I'm going crazy!! I wear night and day contacts which I sleep in! They never come out. I do believe I have gone a little mad from this whole adventure!

It's one thing to be sick as a mom, it's another thing to watch your baby be sick and not be able to comfort her. Myla hasn't been feeling will the last few days, but when she woke up this morning I could tell it had gotten worse. She is such a good sleeper and she wouldn't take a nap today. So I got her in to the Dr. and she has an ear infection. Poor thing.


Here she is after some ibuprofen, antibiotics, and numbing drops. Finally sleeping. I feel so bad for her. I really hope the drugs kick in quickly and she starts feeling better. She's such a happy baby, it's hard to watch her suffer.

We are generally so healthy! Hopefully our sickness woes are wrapping up.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'm sorry Myla has an ear infection, that no fun! But I'm glad you got her into the Dr.

I had keratitis in Korea once when you were little. It's just the worst not being able to wear contacts!

I hope you're over the sickness at the Hammer house.

laura said...

I'm sorry. Strep twice in a row is aweful!

You are beautiful, my sister.

WIKKY said...

bummer for the whole family. glad you are feeling better and the rest of the fam is too!!! I LIKE the glasses!

Gram said...

I am so sorry there has been so many illnesses in your family lately. I hope Myla's ear infection is getting better.

I hope the eyes are healing. I remember when Jill had such a problem with her eyes and that is when she decided to do lasix. Really you look good with glasses. It makes you look younger. I miss the kids.