Wednesday, January 26, 2011

{ Uncle Mikey }

I love my brother. I can't get over how grown up he is. He has become such a wonderful man and I'm so proud of him.

My baby brother Michael just got back from a trip to New York to visit Laura and her kids before he leaves on his mission in March. When he got home he called me and asked when he could come up and sleep over at my house. I told him we would be down in Orem later this week for Brent's wedding but he said after spending time at Laura's house with her kids, he wanted to come stay here and play with my kids. What a stud!

The kids were pretty pumped all day waiting for uncle Mike to get here. When he got here they played wii, and hide and go seek. Then after dinner we tried to go bowling but it was league night so we ended up at Chuck-e-cheese!!


{Uncle Mike playing skee ball with Lewis}


Next up was Sonic treats and watching Despicable Me! Uncle Mike hadn't seen it yet!

It was really hard for the kids not to wake up Mike in the morning because they wanted to play. I let Sophie wake him up a few minutes before school so she could play with him before she left.

He was still here when Sophie got home from school and played another round of hide and go seek with her. She was in heaven! She kept calling him Mikey, it was so cute.

I know my kids will always remember the time when Uncle Mike came to sleep over.

3 comments:

Richard said...

What fun! I'm so glad Uncle Mike came to play at your house!

Gram said...

That was so nice that Michael came up to spend the night at your home so he could play with the kids and enjoy them. I am sure the two oldest will remember him the two years he is gone.

WIKKY said...

Awesome. He will be so happy that he did that too!!!