Thursday, July 29, 2010

{ Hammer getaway! }

This year for the Hammer family vacation we went to Flaming Gorge. Now I'm not going to lie, when it was proposed that we go camping, I definitely didn't jump for joy. But once they told me there was a lodge close by where the new moms could stay, I started to feel a little better about things!

We loaded up and headed out on Thursday afternoon. The kids were so excited! We haven't been on that many trips with them, especially not lately.

We got a room and the Flaming Gorge Resort. I think they call it a resort to try and make it sound luxurious. I was prepared for the worst, and it was actually pretty nice! Especially when compared to a tent! (toilets, showers, refrigerator, etc. . .)

We got settled and headed over to the camp site to see the rest of the group and enjoy some delicious smores.

(Sophie, Elsie, Ryan)


The next morning we had breakfast and put on our Hammer T's before heading back over to get ready for a fun filled day of pontooning on Flaming Gorge Reservoir!

{Risky business}


The whole clan!

We spend the day basking in the sun and some people even did some cliff jumping!

{Brandt, Ayden, Braden}

{A very unhappy Sophie with how cold the water was}

{Check out that bod! That's right . . . my baby has lost over 25 lbs!}
(ps yes those are cookies on his nipples)

{I woke up with the flu that morning and wasn't feeling well}

We headed back around dinner time and I went straight to bed. But the rest of the gang had a great evening roasting hot dogs on the fire and playing games!

Saturday we rented rafts and floated down the Green River. Logan's sister Codye and her husband Matt decided to stay behind and they were kind enough to watch Myla for me so I could float the river since I was feeling much better that day!


{Our raft! Logan, Colter, Cami, Hadlee, Me, Sophie, Brandt, and Ayden}


{the kids playing in the mud}


{Two little boys, watching their daddy fish}


{Craig making me touch the fish Brandon caught! Yuck!}

We stayed until around 10 o'clock that night just visiting and dancing around the fire before we headed home.


{enjoying some delicious cream soda}

It was a great vacation with people I truly love.


3 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like a lot of fun! Glad you weren't sick too long.

Gram said...

That really looks like a fun vacation. Thanks for posting all the good pictures. I especially think the first one of Sophie is so darn cute. Her hair looks nice. I'll be the kids will remember this vacation! I think I like your way of camping the best.

WIKKY said...

Good times were had!