Monday, June 7, 2010

{ The Birthday Girl}

Happy Birthday Sophie Lynn!

Today is Sophie's birthday! I have been excited all day to sit down and write some great things about this very special girl.

I think I often comment on how much of a stinker she is. Just to remind you of a few things she's famous for . . .

-eating dirt

-chasing kids with poopy diapers
-throwing jars of jam down the stairs
-the pudding monster (she put pudding all over her hair and face, then proceeded to chase her cousins around the house)

-dumping a 2 lb bag of cheese on the love sac and then jumping in it so as to catch the cheese mid air
-decorating herself and the furniture with Nana's lipstick

-many many head injuries
-giving my iphone a bath in dr pepper
And many more I'm sure I'm missing.

I frequently use the phrase "Its a good thing she's cute" because of what a stinker she is. But that is an understatement. She has always been incredibly beautiful. So beautiful that even strangers comment about it.


We saw her dimples moments after she was born and they have become even more apparent over the years.

But Sophie is so much more than a beautiful face. Sophie is so good at sharing. She lets her brother have pretty much anything of hers that he wants. She also shares with her friends.

Sophie is extremely friendly. Everywhere we go I can expect her to come up to me and introduce the newest friend she's made. And sometimes I worry that she would take off and head home with another family because she is so trusting of others. There is just something so like able about her.

Sophie has a specific interest in things regarding the gospel. She comes home from primary with many questions about the things she has been taught. She wants to understand it all. And most things are difficult to explain to the 4 year old mind, but she still listens and tries to understand. And she often uses the phrase "You're not the boss of the world mom . . . Heavenly Father is!"

Sophie loves to play with her friends. She likes taking baths, and playing with babies. She LOVES to help me in the kitchen with anything and everything, especially if there's potential to make a mess. She likes dora and any other type of interactive TV.

When I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday she said "EAT CAKE!" I asked her what else and she said she wanted to take 2 of her cousins and her best friend Ashlee to Arctic Circle and play on the play ground.

We had Lauryn and Clara sleep over so the partying started first thing this morning!

{Daddy decorated the house}
She opened presents and had breakfast with her cousins. Then, when it got warm enough, they put on their swimming suits and ran through the sprinklers.

At lunch time, we picked up Ashlee and headed to Arctic Circle!

{the party}
Since eating cake was the main event of her big day, I decided to get princess cupcakes with rings in them to make it extra special!


That's right . . . chocolate milk all down the shirt first thing!

And it wouldn't be an outing with Sophie if there wasn't some kind of head injury.

Sophie brings so much joy and love to our family. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. She has a happy and spirited personality that, while challenging at times, truly makes her one of a kind.
Happy Birthday Sophie . . . Mommy loves you.

5 comments:

laura said...

I love Sophie.

Sorry we forgot to call after dinner. We are such slackers. Did you get her package? Maybe tomorrow.

I can't wait to spend some time with my sassy little niece.

Happy birthday, Soph!

Janet said...

I love Sophie. She's always happy and so fun to be with.

Richard said...

Another head injury! Not a bad one, I hope. I'm sorry we couldn't see Sophie on her big day, but I'm so happy we got to see her on the day before. We love you, Sophie!

Gram said...

Oh, I love that Sophie girl. She is special to her great grandmother. From the moment I saw her in the hospital I knew she was a special child. I loved all your comments Mary. I so wish we had had the technology that is available today to do the blogs, pics, etc. that you can do for your children. Keep up the good work.

Her party day was perfect, except for another head injury. The cakes were beautiful. Happy 4th birthday Sophie. Grandma loves you!

The Falkers said...

She is so darling! And you are right - she is so beautiful!!!