Thursday, April 8, 2010

{ The Divine Virtues }

My Dad's second book (The Divine Virtues: 14 Values to Live By is available today.


The Divine Virtues is a book about acquiring Christlike attributes in our lives, one day at a time. It is full of hope and will inspire you to strive daily to be a little bit more like our Savior.

I recently started reading it and from the moment I opened it my heart was filled with the spirit and a desire to be better.

The Divine Virtues goes one by one through each of 14 Christlike virtues, defining the virtue and exploring how we can develop that virtue, with wonderful stories and examples and scriptures to illustrate how the virtue makes itself apparent in our daily lives.

The Divine Virtues: 14 Values to Live By is available today at amazon.com and cedarfort.com. It is also available in Deseret Book stores. If you don't see it on the shelf, be sure to ask for it, so they'll order and carry it!

I'm also going to be doing my very first giveaway! I haven't done one before because I don't have a lot of readers, but this will be well worth it for the winner. My dad will sign and mail a copy to one lucky winner chosen from those who comment on this post. I'll choose on Sunday night!

6 comments:

laura said...

Ooo. Pick me!

Just kidding. I have a copy!

lramey said...

consider me commented!

DentalDad said...

Joe Winward

Jessica Lui Nelson said...

Mary,
This is an old friend Lui and I think that Carlos would love for me to have a copy....if not I will just go buy one. Miss you oh and BTW I don't need to eat any more Arch Deluxes bc I am an adult now(inside joke from Dance Attack about a million years ago that I think made your parents laugh)...Most of all wanted to say hello and reconnect with an old friend!

WIKKY said...

sweet, count me in!!!!

Holly and Brad said...

Mary I would love a chance to "win" that book. It sounds amazing! I am the YW 2nd Counselor down here in Round Rock, TX and I would love to share this book with the YW. Fingers Crossed!