Sunday, April 11, 2010

{1 month/ anniversary}

Yesterday my sweet angel baby Myla was one month old! We have a tradition of taking pictures of our babies every month so that Logan can make a video of their first year.

Myla is the definition of an angel baby. She never cries. At first I was concerned because I thought there was something wrong with her, but as time went on I just realized that she doesn't cry because she's just happy. Nothing bothers her, not even hunger. She is so patient, when she wants to eat she'll let out a few little sqwaks to let me know and then wait until I'm ready.

When you hold this precious little girl, you can feel how sweet her spirit is. She has an ora about her that I've never experienced before. When Logan held each of our babies for the first time he had a distinct impression. With Ayden it was "This guy is going to do great things". With Sophie it was "This one is a little bit of trouble". And with Myla his impression was one simple word . . .balance. And that is exactly what she is. She brings balance to our family and to our individual lives. She is so peaceful that she actually calms me down.

I have never been much for just sitting around holding a baby. My other 2 caught on really quick that Mommy isn't just going to hold you all day. But with Myla, I can sit in a messy house, with a million things I need to do and places I need to go, and be completely a ease. I could hold her all day.

I love you Myla Jae.

We also celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday. (celebrated yesterday but our anniversary is actually today) We have a tradition of going to Outback for dinner. Thinking back I realized that on our second anniversary I was pregnant with Ayden and on our 3rd we had him with us again because I was still nursing. On our 4th I was very pregnant with Sophie but then we had a 4 year span where we didn't have any babies with us. It was actually very sweet getting to celebrate this great occasion with our new little one. She makes us so happy.



The day before our anniversary I called Logan at work and said, "FYI . . . I didn't get you a present for our anniversary so please don't get me one. Is that okay?" His response was perfect. He said, "I'm so happy to be going out. Just being able to sit an talk with you is enough." So after 8 years of marriage, just being able to visit, uninterrupted for a few minutes, is the perfect gift. That is how much we enjoy each others company. With life being as busy as it is, the time we actually get to spend together is so precious.

Logan, I love you with all my heart. You are the man of my dreams. You make me laugh. You are good to me and I'm so thankful that we found each other and get to spend eternity together.
Happy anniversary baby.

7 comments:

WIKKY said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! I love that you both love eachother sooo much still! Nothing better than that! You look awesome by the way!!!

Janet said...

What a sweet post,Mary. Happy anniversary to you and Logan. And Happy One Month to Myla Jae. Can't imagine life without her.

Karrissa Winward said...

Happy Anniversary!! I seriously can't wait to see you guys!

Gram said...

I loved your post Mary. It made me get very teary eyed. First because Myla Jae is such an important child to you and the family. Second because I am so happy that you and Logan are so perfect for each other. You complement each other well. Happy 8th Anniversary, and your photos with Myla and you at the Steak House are really lovely.

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! Myla is a sweetie!

Richard said...

Happy one month anniversary to Myla Jae and 8 years to Mary and Logan! Great post, Mar!

Jen said...

Cute post Mary. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! Little Myla is ADORABLE, we are so happy for you guys.