Thursday, December 10, 2009

{My Christmas house}

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my Christmas house? We have acquired a lot of decorations over the last 7 years which makes for a total body makeover come Christmas time. We start by removing all of the regular decor. Then Logan brings up the massive amount of bins that contain all of our Christmas decorations. While Logan works on the outside, the kids and I go about placing the decor in the designated spots. It's funny how much the kids enjoy this process. Ayden is always trying to finagle some decorations into his room that he can keep all year round. (my little pack rat)







I love this special time with my family to get ready for the holiday season. We always do it the day after Thanksgiving and it's become a really fun tradition in our home.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Looks great Mary! When are you due again? I can't wait for her to come :)

WIKKY said...

Where is the mistletoe!!??? I was looking forward to a little smoocher this year!!!!!! or, I guess I will just have to wait for the Jack Johnson concert. ha.

Richard said...

There's nothing quite like turning your house into a Christmas house. Great job!

Love, dad

Gram said...

Good tradition - then you can enjoy it longer. This will be a good year as the two are old enough to know that the ornaments aren't toys. The tree looks great and I am sure the rest of the house does too.

Hayward Family said...

Look how cute your house is!! I can't wait to get my own home.. We are in the process of looking and I'm STOKED!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!