Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A little carried away . . .

A couple of weeks ago we had a "Super Saturday" with a few wards in our stake. It was so fun and there were so many cute things there I had to limit myself so I didn't go too crazy!

Since my daughter refuses to wear anything but skirts, I jumped at the opportunity to learn how to sew one. Well, once I learned, I got a little carried away and next thing I knew . . .

Ta da!
I made 7!


I even adjusted the pattern so I could make some for baby girl hammer!

I made 2 of this one for Abby and Sophie since the Buchanans will be here for Christmas!!
And here's my little model . . . the skirt lover herself! She keeps telling everyone I made skirts for her at the church!

Sometimes it is so fun to learn a new skill since we don't get to do that very often as moms.

9 comments:

laura said...

You are a machine!!! I love the one for Abby and Sophie. So cute. I need to make sure she has a good black shirt to go with it!

Janet said...

Amazing and so cute! Good job, Mary!

Katie said...

So cute! Love the little ones for the baby. Too fun :)

Karrissa Winward said...

Those are so cute!! Love it! I still can't believe you are having another girl!

jenny said...

So DANG cute, Mar. I LOVE them. Maybe you should make one for my baby...in the future. :) Love you! PS--don't we have cute parents who send us pepero. I'm sure your kids were thrilled to FINALLY open the package from Nana.

Gram said...

Cute, cute and the model is darling. I am happy you went to church to sew. I think they are cute. Good for you!

WIKKY said...

she is in them every time I see her!!! So cute! Very cute with those boots of hers!! Love it... I guess I need to learn now! eeek, where do you find the time?

Richard said...

Good sewing, Mar!

Jen said...

Wow, I am impressed. Way cute!!! I can't wait to meet little baby girl Hammer!!!