Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scrooge

We go to the Hale Center Theater's version of "A Christmas Carol" every year with my family. It has been a tradition for a long time and it is one that I love dearly.

This year it was extra special because we got to take Ayden with us. It was such a neat experience to share with him something that has such a huge impact on my life. 

I wasn't sure how to explain to him what a play is so the best I could do was to say it was like a movie but with real people. To which he replied, "movies aren't real people?". At that point I was stumped so I told him just to wait and see. He loved every minute of it! He had lots of questions, but he was quiet and respectful though it all and as we were walking our he asked,"Hey Papa, how come they have to use real people there, don't they have a TV?"

I'm so grateful to my parents for instilling a love of this precious story in my heart. I truly believe it is a gift from God.

No comments: