Thursday, December 4, 2008

{like mother . . . like son}

I've always had somewhat of a phonographic memory. I remember lines from movies (inflection and all) with ease and quote them more than I'm sure my friends care for.

Apparently that is an inherit-able trait that I passed on to my son. This became even more apparent this morning when we had this conversation:

"Mom, how come you don't eat kid cereal?"

"Oh, because I don't like to eat sugar for breakfast"  (just the rest of the day)

"Hey Mom, do you know what has sugar in it?"

"What bud?"

"Candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup."  (Will Ferrell in ELF)

It was a proud moment.

7 comments:

Janet said...

So cute! Love you guys!

Janet said...

And good use of the word phonographic!

Karrissa Winward said...

That really is so funny! I love Elf, and I love Ayden!

WIKKY said...

Good times... you really are good at remember music lyrics and lines from friends, etc. Lucky Ayden!

Gram said...

Lucky Ayden to have inherited that ability from you. I did chuckle at the comment. I also noticed that you didn't use photographic memory. Your mom already commented on that. I think the ability to do that is really a blessing. I cannot remember the lines even when I've heard them.

Abi said...

oh my gosh. that is so adorable!

Texie B said...

He is totally You!!!