Wednesday, December 3, 2008

{It's beginning to look . . . }

A lot like Christmas around here!

We had a tradition (that I'm sure many of you share) of spending the day after Thanksgiving putting up all of our Christmas decorations. We don't add to the decor we already have . . . we completely remove all decorations not pertaining to Christmas and box them up to make room for the winter wonderland! It's madness . . . but we love it! 


Carrying up the tree!


Just to give you a little preview of what's to come . . . here are all the Christmas boxes!




The kids were such good helpers and they could hardly wait to decorate the tree!

Ayden even got to climb up the ladder and put the star on the top!

While the girls worked on putting the finishing touches inside. . . the boys headed outside to put up the lights! Logan got really into it this year and ended up doing quite a bit more than we had last year.  I'm so glad he loves it though, he did such a great job!

And so . . . the finished product:


Like I said . . . it's a winter wonderland!

11 comments:

Richard B said...

Boy you have really decorated your home for Christmas. The kids will always remember the fun family time do this over the years. Way to go!

jenny said...

Wow! That looks great:) You and Logan both did amazing. Love you guys

Gram said...

I could only think like Jenny, WOW! I don't think I have ever owned that many decorations. It looks beautiful! I can tell the kids were excited for it. I hope they leave the decorations alone since they helped to put them out.

Janet said...

Wow, Mary it looks great! I just finished mine today (well, I still need to do downstairs, but that's minimal) It is so fun and gets you into the Christmas spirit!

Keith Parsons said...

You sure have a 'Christmas House' now. Looks like fun.

I like coming home to a Christmas House... and get 'bummed' in January when it all goes away.

I especially like the Christmas candle smells and the Christmas music in the background.

Way to get in the spirit of the season!

Jen said...

WOW!!!! That is awesome!!! I can't believe you have all those decorations!!!

WIKKY said...

wow... you added some serious lights outside! It looks great inside and out!!!!!

Abi said...

I love it! I love how your husband has to have a CHRISTMAS HOUSE! It looks so so amazing!!

Michelle and Caleb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karrissa Winward said...

I love your "days til Christmas" sign. Did you make it?

Richard said...

I like the way your house looks for Christmas. Great job!