Wednesday, October 8, 2008

{ Salsa }

One of my good friends made and canned salsa a couple weeks ago. Logan and I are crazy about homemade salsa so after tasting some of hers. . . I got a crazy idea.

I roped my friend Michelle into joining in the madness and next thing you know. . .
it was SALSA DAY!

step 1:

Head out to the Day Farms here in Layton and pick us some jalapenos, aneheim peppers, green peppers, and onions.



step 2:

Find anyone and everyone with a garden and round up many tomatoes.




step 3:

Put all the ingredients into the food processor and blend them up really well before pouring them into huge pots and boiling them for 2-3 hours.


step 4:

Once the salsa was done we poured it into many many jars.


step 5:

The final step was to place all the jars in a water bath for 40 minutes to seal them. We were so lucky to have so many friends and neighbors that helped make this all possible.

{Texie, Luetta, me, Michelle, Wendy}

So we started out not really having a clue what to do and with much help ended up with 70 jars of delicious homemade salsa. What a day!

6 comments:

Gram said...

I am so proud of you Mary. That is a lot of work but as you found with lots of helping hands it becomes easier. It was very good on Sunday so you have lots of it to enjoy this winter. Ayden and Maddie look so cute picking the peppers. Nice job!

jenny said...

And it was so yummy, too! Good job:)

WIKKY said...

Man.. that is some yummy salsa. I am glad you did all the work and I get to jest eat it~!!!

Hayward Family said...

I had some catching up to do! LOVE Homemade Salsa!! Good job! I wish I was a little more domestic! You do the cutest little crafty things! Good for you! :) Good thing hair grows back, right? ;) And Good thing she has a BEAUTIFUL face! She could shave it all off and still be cute!!

Janet said...

Awesome job, Mary! And delicious, too

Keith Parsons said...

Mary,

What a cool way to make salsa... making an entire day of it. Not work so much as a big project.

Including getting kids and friends involved.

I'm impressed!