Saturday, September 20, 2008

{ Beware of Aunt Mar }

This morning we headed down to Salt Lake to help Logan's brother Colter put in his yard.

The kids were playing so well and they didn't want to leave so we decided to do a swap. Hadlee has been wanting to come have a sleepover with Sophie ever since the last time Brandt slept over so Ayden stayed there and we took sweet Hadzee drew with us.

As we were driving away she said, "Aunt Mary, I wish I could have holes in my ears so I could wear earrings like Sophie."

That's all it took! Moments later we were here:


{All ready to go with reinforcement in hand}


{So brave!}


{a little shell shocked, but hanging in there}


{Happy as a clam with her new beautiful purple earrings!}

So beware, if you leave your daughter with me. . . she may share Hadlee's fate!

ps I sound so tough, but don't worry. . . . I asked.

5 comments:

Abi said...

oh my gosh i love it! I am so so glad you did that. What a perfect little thing to do with your niece! THANK YOU!!

Janet said...

Good job, Mary. Better than when I did it for Alysha on Christmas Day - what a mess that was! Hadlee is a doll!

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so fun!

WIKKY said...

man oh man, she is so excited about that!!! I love how she showed off her cute little ears with holes in them today! That was probably kindof nice because Abi didn't have to watch her cry! When Lauryn or Clara asks, I will send them on over!

Gram said...

Hadlee looks way cute with her earrings and Mom didn't have to listen to the tears.