Tuesday, May 6, 2008

{project mode}

I'm not one to take on many projects, especially when I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sometimes Logan will come home from a long day and say that he didn't eat lunch. I'm always so surprised because my days are pretty much based on meal time and when is the next time I get to eat. But taking on this major project gave me a little insight into his life.

On Friday morning I decided this would be the weekend that I finally tackled the kitchen cupboards. I have been wanting to do something with them since we moved in because I'm not a huge fan of oak. So instead of giving myself more time to deliberate, I just decided to do it.

Next thing I know it's Saturday night and I've done nothing but eat, sleep, breath cabinets. Holy cow, I don't think I knew what I had gotten myself into.

But here we are, a mere 4 days later and it's done! I actually finished Monday afternoon so all in all it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Before

After


{much better}

It was a good learning opportunity for me and I'm glad I did it. I am also glad to be out of project mode and back into real life.

(although I do have plans to do the same thing in my bathroom!)

14 comments:

WIKKY said...

Love it!! So great. Will you just come over and do mine for ME???? I am such a procrastinator! Glad you got them done so fast! I love the red!!!

laura said...

Wow! I think it looks amazing! You rock. When I have a house (some day?) will you come over and teach me how to make it look good?

Lindsay said...

Are you CRAZY?????? Kidding. Wow, i'm super impressed. They look fantastic. My kitchen is lime green and red too....Love it.

jenny said...

So cute!! Look at you-you're amazing!!! Can't wait to play with you tomorrow~yipee:)

Abi said...

I love RED! My islands are red! Don't tell Logan though because he wants no idea into what we are doing! AWESOME JOB and worth it!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much that brightened up your kitchen. It looks really good!!!
I need to order one of your nursing cover ups, do I just go to the website?

nanajan said...

Oh my gosh, Mary! That looks so great! I love it! Good job! I've been watching your blog and waiting for the pictures. I'm proud of you!

nanajan said...

Knobs on the drawers maybe?

linds jo said...

fab mar, simply fab! projects are so fun but they always take longer than anticipated...but the end result is always worth it!

Herriman Blue said...

looks great Mary!! Can't wait to see them in person!

Gram said...

They look great Mary! you are brave and it turned out well. If you had told me you were going to do it I would have thought you were crazy, but they look nice.

Gram said...

I agree with nanajan. Knobs would look nice.

BRIANA said...

Looks great! I love a good project--but I sometimes get in over my head! I think I am done with the house projects for a little while! You did a great job!!

Michelle and Caleb said...

I am impressed! They look great! I want to do something to mine but I haven't had that push yet. Good job.