Tuesday, April 22, 2008

{Disneyland '08} part II

While we were in California, my incredible Dad got us tickets to see...

I have been dying to see it since so many people have raved about it. And I wasn't let down one bit . . . it was INCREDIBLE!


Not only did he get us tickets, but he stayed at the hotel with all 5 grandkids! Needless to say... he was a little nervous about it, especially because my sister left her 6 month old. But one of the most priceless moments of the trip for me was when we got back from the show and walked in to see this . . .



The kids were asleep surrounding Papa and he had this look on his face that said, "I survived!" And the first words out of his mouth were, "Man, I have to pee! I haven't gone in 5 hours!"

Thanks Papa, you're the best!

The last day of our trip we headed to Newport beach. It's always a little chilly, but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time playing in the sand together.





9 comments:

Abi said...

Man I wrote this long comment and Elsie was on my lap and she totally deleted it! ARGH! So short version. Awesome trip! And I cannot believe Ayden is actually asleep in that position!! We've missed you guys!

Gram said...

What a wonderful trip you had. The picture of Ayden and Sophie asleep in that position is priceless. Papa did it!! I kept thinking I'd like to have been a fly on the wall. There is no way I could have done it for that length of time. Ayden looks cute buried in the sand. Glad you are back!!

Lindsay said...

SO much fun. I really want to go to Cali, the beach, disneyland...my boy is too young to get it, but reading your posts really gave me an itch. I love the picture of you and Sophie walking on the beach. That one needs to be blown up. You guys are so cute!

Jeanine said...

I love that picture of your dad with all the kids! That is classic! Looks like a really fun trip, and you saw Wicked too!!! I am so jealous...I want to see it so bad! :) Jeanine

Codye Brynn said...

Wicked is WONDERFUL! I loved it so much, I am so glad you had such a great trip! We missed ya around here

WIKKY said...

I told Laura this too but I am so jealous that you got to see wicked. I have heard so many great things. Someday??? What a great grandpa to take all of the kids. Why didn't he put them in their beds? Made for a cute picture though. Glad you had so much fun.

linds jo said...

i am so incredibly jealous! i got choked up reading about wicked. now back to the grind (meaning my mop:) la you...

Michelle and Caleb said...

Isn't wicked the best thing ever! I loved it too. I can't wait tell I can take Caleb to see it.I miss you.

Texie B said...

Looks like a fun trip. Your pictures at the beach are really cute.