Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Like a summers day . . .

I'm not exactly sure where that saying comes from, but it was definitely applicable yesterday. It was so warm that we were actually able to stand being outside enough to get the bikes out and play for a little bit. The kids were thrilled to get out of the house.

We even went for a walk around the neighborhood! (something we used to do all the time on the warm summer evenings)



We had such a wonderful spring and summer last year, we are just dying for it to warm up. We miss the warm evenings when we would sit outside and visit with our neighbors as they came home from work. The kids would play on their bikes, jump on the tramp, have water fights, etc.

I'm also excited because my kids are older and I think they will be a little easier this summer. Ayden understands about crossing the street and watching for cars. Sophie can walk/run now so she will be able to keep up with the other kids.

So the Hammers are officially ready for winter to end and spring to begin. We are ready for picnics, playing at the park, setting up the pool, water fights, late nights, working in the yard, and all the other wonderful things that warm weather brings!

7 comments:

BRIANA said...

I hear you on the springtime!! Only I am lucky enough to say that it is already springtime down here in AZ!! I have to rub it in while I can because by June we are hating life!! Summer really is so much fun! And by the way---just because #3 is on his way doesn't mean I exactly have control over the other two---just ready for a little more chaos!! And boy do we love chaos!! Bring it on!!

jenny said...

So am I! I'm so sick of this freezing weather.

Lindsay said...

I miss summer, but I miss having a yard to spend it in. Maybe next summer... Either way, summer needs to be here QUICK! This one bedroom apartment is getting STUFFY!

Texie B said...

I second that!!!!!! Hopefully we will not have to have the egg hunt in the snow!

Jen said...

I too am ready for the summer!! We are going to the boat show tonight and I am so excited because that means that Lake Powell is right around the corner.

Gram said...

I think everyone is ready for spring. We just don't want the snowpack to melt too quickly.

WIKKY said...

We were out with our bikes and scooters too the other day. I thought we were crazy cause we were literally the only ones! Glad to know that we aren't completely crazy! Glad you guys had fun...