Saturday, February 9, 2008

"I like the night life . . . I like to booogie"

I have always loved to dance. Logan enjoys it as well, which makes me happy. But I didn't know that it was a hereditary thing that would be passed along to my children. They LOVE to boogie.



We start many of our Saturday mornings dancing around in our jammies and loving every minute of it.

Our friends, the Browns, invited us to the Layton City Valentines' Dance. Texie's dad plays in a band that was performing there. It was such a fun activity to do with our families. We decided to start the evening with some delicious takeout from Wingers, which lead to:

Sticky finger madness!


I was confused about the terms used at this restaurant and accidentally ordered a sticky finger platter instead of a sticky finger dinner. To our surprise. . . we ended up with over 40 sticky fingers! Yummy! ( and yucky at the same time)

After stuffing ourselves beyond belief, we headed to the dance to try and burn off just a few of the calories we had just put on.

From the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out, our kids were dancing. They were a hit! It was so much fun. The place was decorated so nicely and they had cookies and water bottles for everyone. We danced our little hearts out, which was very apparent when we got home at 9:15 and crashed until after 8 this morning!


{Daddy and Ayden}

{Mommy and the kiddos}

{the ladies}

{cutest kids ever}


{check out cute little Soph in the background. She's so little.}

{Our little groupy}

{Ayden and his girlfriend, Brinley}

{me and Tex}

The music was great, and so was the company! Thanks guys!

10 comments:

laura said...

Looks like lots of fun! That picture of you and Sophie together is great! I love it. And she really does look like you. I've never thought that before.

Is the band called Mid-Life Crisis? That's funny!

Gram said...

What a fun evening!! Those will be memories you treasure. The kids are darling. One question - Why is Sophie in lavendar and then in green? You are so lucky to have a husband who loves to dance like you do. Keep it up! Cute photos of a cute family having fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time! The kids are darling dancing - of course, both their parents have got some moves of their own!

WIKKY said...

Soungs like so much fun. You guys always do so much fun stuff! Enjoy it, baby!!! Glad they like to dance, because if they didn't, you would be one sad mama...

Abi said...

You guys are always out having fun! you look beautiful. I love your swoopy bangs and your sweater. I love that video too of the kids dancing! And now I want some sticky fingers. They are so good!

Bree said...

SOOO cute. Oh my. Tell Ayden to keep up the charmin' with those older ladies. Woot woot!

Texie B said...

I am glad you guys had fun! My kids had a blast too! I like all the pictures i might have to get copies. And yes we ate all the sticky fingers over here. How did you do over there.:)

Hayward Family said...

Look how CUTE your kids are!! SO precious! Looks like a lot of fun!

Abi said...

Oh and I have a favor to ask . . . will you take off my last name on your blog? Thanks!! I just am thinking that I don't want those ones out there to know both names you know! See you soon!

Lindsay said...

you guys are SO stinkin' cute!