Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I guess I better just get it over with~

So I have been tagged twice now (sorry Mom) and I'm thinking I had better just get it over with. Everyone says they really enjoyed doing it and I am hoping for the same outcome.

6 things about me:

1-I can't spell to save my life. It used to be something that I was embarrassed about, but I've come to grips with it. I know that it doesn't mean I'm dumb, I genuinely think that either you got it, or you don't. And baby, I don't. Both my parents, and my husband will tell you that they couldn't count the number of times they've heard me calling from the other room, "Hey, how do you spell _____". I'm not getting down on myself, just stating a fact. I can't spell.

2-I wanted to be a wife and mother from the moment I was born. All growing up my main goal in life was to become a mom. I always watched people with children that loved them so much and wondered what it would be like to look in the eyes of a person that you created. And during the time I was trying to get pregnant with Ayden and I found out I had endometriosis I honestly thought that if I couldn't become a mother, I would just shut down. It was the biggest trial I have had in my life so far. And here I am just a few years later with 2 beautiful children. I am in heaven. Being a mother has more challenges but also more joy then I ever thought I would have. I absolutely love being a mom.

3-Even though my body can't hold up anymore, I feel like dancing is a part of my soul. I love it so much that when I think about dancing, I get tears in my eyes. Sometimes when I'm teaching, I will turn the lights off and do the combo with the girls. It feels so good to just let go and feel the music and my body moving to it. When I think about dancing growing up, there are 2 people that come to mind. My mother and my big sister. They were/are my biggest fans and they are the reason I was able to stick it out even in the hard times. They love it just as much as I do and that means so much. So thanks for all the support guys. I know I probably didn't show it at the time, but you guys made it all worth it.

-4I am extremely critical of the way I look. It is one of my biggest faults because I know that ultimately it doesn't matter. I don't want to care, I want to be able to focus on whats inside and how I can be a better person. I want to spend my time worrying about other people and what I can do for them. But at the end of the day, I can usually recount the number of times I thought about my weight, whether or not I like my hair, how much food I ate, how many new wrinkles I see on my face, etc. I wish so bad that this wasn't the case, but it's true. I'm hoping that as time goes on, I'll have no choice but to let go.

5- I have a seriously guilty conscience. When I say or do something wrong, it eats and eats at me. Even things that happened a long time ago, I replay in my head and worry about. Growing up I was kind of a brat, and not a very good sister or daughter or friend. That is something I don't think I'll ever get over. I feel like I have to make it up by being the best sister, daughter, and friend I can, since I can't take it back. Sometimes I wish I could just apologize to people and that would be the end of it, but every time I say or do something that I later regret, it's really hard for me to move on.

6-
Most people already know this about me, but I absolutely despise vegetables. There's not a single one that I can even force down. I think they all taste just like dirt. What most people don't know is that I HATE being a picky eater. I joke about it a lot because the truth is. . . it's really embarrassing. I feel like such a little kid when people want to go to a certain restaurant and they stop to make sure that there will be something I can eat. They are being nice, trying to cater to me, but it makes me feel like an idiot. So I hope so bad that my kids get Logan's eating habits and not mine.

Bonus: Logan always teases me about this, but no matter how clean my house is, if my wood floor is dirty then the whole house is a disaster. I can't stand my floor being dirty, and it always is. Kinda weird!

RULES:

1. The player lists 6 facts about themselves



2. At the end of the post the player tags 6 people and posts their names. The player then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they have been tagged, then asks them to read the rules.

I TAG: Lindsay Bench, Briana Dommer, Jen Paxman, Emilie Nuttall, Ryan Flitton, and Marissa Parsons. Sorry guys! I can't wait to read yours though!

5 comments:

laura said...

Wow, Mar. You made me cry. First just to know that you appreciate my support of your dancing. Because I really loved being a part of your dance life. I can't wait for our dance video party! And second, because you do not need to feel bad about the past. We've all done thing we regret, but that's why forgiveness is so great. You know that anyone you may have been rude to has forgiven you, so you have to forgive yourself. You are an amazing daughter, sister, wife, mother, and friend. And don't you forget it!

I love you!

Abi said...

I loved reading that about you. Details are so good to know. You know I remember almost every time I was intentionally mean to someone. I remember it and hate it too!
You are such a great person! I sure love you!

Bree said...

This is my favorite tag. To be honest, I really don't read the 6-mile 40-question type tags. But these 6 little known things are so interesting and fun to learn about! I loved yours!

Heidi said...

I agree, this is a fun tag. I think we learn things about ourselves too.. it's kinda fun to sit and evaluate strengths and weaknesses... we all have em. Anyway, I never knew you that well, but I have loved getting to know your soft little heart through your blog. I love that you are a consistant blogger. I love reading your stuff.

PS, all i ever wanted was to be a mom too... i played with dolls, and that's it. I had a life size diaper bag, and if all i got for christmas was a few new outfits for my cabbage patch, a real binki and bottle, I was set. I am still waiting for that dream, but I know it will come true!

Forget about the past. You are great. I always thought you were nice even though i didn't know you that well, and oh my gosh, you have the most perfect body and you are stunningly beautiful! That kills me you don't think so. Geeze, what more could you want:)

Dance still gives me the shivers!! I love it more than almost anything. Is tough getting old,huh. Where are you teaching these days?

Oh, I would love to get free shipping... i am anxious to try one of your products! thanks! I actually got your number from Caroline, so I'll probably just call you one of these days...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're a wife and mother and dancer and that you find joy in all of them. You are so beautiful and I've always thought it was good that it didn't go to your head - but seriously you've got to know how beautiful you are and enjoy it! And ditto to what Laura said about forgiveness and moving on! I love you, Mar!